Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Saleen,roush or shelby

Hey guys just wondering what the major differences are between the three as they're all based on mustangs or is it just a matter of personal choice. As far as can tell all the high end models are supercharged and have interior upgrades and suspension upgrades.
Or is one shop better than the other not planning on buying just curious.

Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 
Default Re: Saleen,roush or shelby

Roush come with IRS if im not mistaken.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2012, 11:27 PM   #3
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Roush come with IRS if im not mistaken.
I've never heard that before. I don't know where they'd get an IRS for the S197 cars.

Roush cars come in three stages. Stage 1 gets you a body kit and some suspension stuff. Stage 2 gets you that plus a little more. Stage 3 gets you a supercharger.

Saleen was ousted from his own company a few years back. Since then he formed SMS, and the old company bearing his name went bankrupt. Now he's getting his old company back.

Saleen cars used to feature the most extensive re-styling work. Now the Roush cars have probably caught up in that area.

Shelby still has a Ford corporate connection (the GT500 is badged as a Shelby). Shelby does its own cars, but they're ridiculously expensive.

Steeda also does some fine work with Mustangs, but you hardly hear about them anymore.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #4
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Turns out they have done a few, but its not part of there standard range.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post