Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 19-11-2005, 08:44 PM   #1
FlaminFiesta

Default Scary ? dodgy! Yes Fault in ero4d cars

Hey guys

Well about 6 months ago i had a flat in wyong and well i got stuck there !! no where to go beacuse the dodgy Wheel Spanner thing that takes the nuts off just kept turning, had to wait 2 hours for nrma in the rain (already wet from getting out of the car etc) and i though what a dodgy piece of hardware!

so i took it back to A dealer and then they repalced it for me , cool i thought..

well on friday i had another flat and i couldnt change the tyre again the tool was DODGY!! the guy that came out couldnt even use the wheel spanner! the metal bent!! so two hours later and late for work we got a spanner from someone and changed the tyre!

anyway i called ford and they said to take it back and get another they werent interested ill take it back but i hope they dont give me anothe soft metal hollow wheel spanner that bends !!

just a warning carry a proper spanner (i do lol) hahha

p.s. ill let u know how i go..

FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2005, 08:56 PM   #2
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Buy a decent socket and breaker bar, no more dramas
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2005, 11:06 PM   #3
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Ive had a flat.... had no issues apart from a bend screw that holds down the spare....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2005, 01:12 AM   #4
simonr
Focus Rookie

i have had that problem actually, i have burst two tyres as you may know lol..

yer, it was crazy.. i had to really push the socket around the nut otherwise it would just slip..

Its very hard trying to push/ pull HARD and push in at the same time..
Old 20-11-2005, 10:10 PM   #5
FlaminFiesta

yeh done that mate (bought another)

but u pay 20K+ for a car u think a decent spanner wouldnt be to much.. anway

oh yeh at the beaurepair carpark someone reversed into my car and took the rear body kit spoiler off! i fixed it today, needs a bit more work to sure it up :(

just a crap day all in all.. and btw i would have bought a spanner if i knew the standard one was sooo dodgy!!
Old 23-11-2005, 01:17 PM   #6
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

On the subject of flat tyres. I've just completed a 3,000km drive through Victoria and South Australia and back and as I was crossing the Hay Plains I was thinking to myself that if I had a flat I was grateful that Ford had fitted a Full-size spare wheel/tyre as opposed to a space-saver. If I had a flat, it would have been a slooow drive at 80km/h. Not to say frustrating as road-trains pass me doing a 100km/h!!
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 01:34 PM   #7
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

On the subject of flat tyres. I've just completed a 3,000km drive through Victoria and South Australia and back and as I was crossing the Hay Plains I was thinking to myself that if I had a flat I was grateful that Ford had fitted a Full-size spare wheel/tyre as opposed to a space-saver. If I had a flat, it would have been a slooow drive at 80km/h. Not to say frustrating as road-trains pass me doing a 100km/h!!
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 08:24 PM   #8
FlaminFiesta

lol we have space savers in the fiesta! :( did the trip from wyong on the spare!! that really hurts going that speed!
Old 23-11-2005, 11:42 PM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

I have a sturdy tyre iron but I cant find anywhere in the Focus to put it. Any suggestions?
Old 25-11-2005, 03:55 PM   #10
FlaminFiesta

i have mine sitting under my tire as in

Tire ontop of the wheel spanner and then screwed in doesnt move etc..