Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-03-2012, 01:16 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation Ford's facelifted Fiesta spotted

Ford's facelifted Fiesta spotted
March 22, 2012 - 2:42PM DRIVE..

Ford will launch a new-look Fiesta city car here in the second quarter of 2013, and Drive's spies have caught the vehicle undergoing testing in Europe.

Boasting a more aggressive front-end design, the facelifted Fiesta is likely to get a revised front bumper and slimmer headlights with integrated daytime running lights - styling that will possibly mirror the recently revealed Fusion (Mondeo) mid-size sedan.

The rest of the car is expected to remain relatively unchanged, though the rear bumper will be slightly restyled, as will the tail-lights.

Powertrains offered in Australia will remain unchanged from the 1.6-litre petrol and turbo diesel engines currently offered.

While Ford of Europe will offer a 1.0-litre turbocharged three-cylinder engine option when the facelifted Fiesta goes on sale there later this year, Australian Fiesta models will not be offered with that high-tech engine. Instead, that powerplant will be offered here first in the Ecosport mini SUV when it arrives late next year.

A range-topping performance model, known as the Fiesta ST, will also be offered locally next year. It gets a 1.6-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 132kW of power and 240Nm of torque. It will compete with the likes of Volkswagen's Polo GTI.

Pricing and specifications for the new Fiesta aren't expected to be revealed until before the car's launch in 2013.

The production version of the updated Fiesta is expected to be revealed at the Paris motor show later this year.

Sales of the Fiesta are down by almost a quarter this year, with more competition from cars such as Holden's Barina, Hyundai's i20, Toyota's Yaris and the top-seller in the city car segment, the Mazda2.

Last edited by csv8; 17-05-2012 at 09:47 AM.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 06:26 AM   #2
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford's facelifted Fiesta spotted

I think also the Ford Focus Ambiente at 19990$ drive away is also cannabalising Fiesta sales.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looking at the design, it reminds me of the upcoming Fiesta ST, which might be why it's going to take so long to bring that one to the market, ie it's based on the next model (WU? WV?), rather than the current WT.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
razredge
Starter Motor

Hmm, I hope it doesn't look like the ST - the uber agressive grille doesn't match the rest of the car unlike the original design.
razredge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

think your right about the focus price as well, also ford oz dealer experiences tend to be woeful in general...

also I hope the front spoiler doesnt end up like that photo. no good
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
ellwa

i quite like the look of it. has a citroen DS3 Racing kind of vibe about it.
ellwa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #7
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

The Fiesta design is perfect as it is.
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
cdafam
Fezvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0i OHC
The Fiesta design is perfect as it is.
Agreed.

The European lines are what make the current Fiesta. Even with it evolving slightly between the 2010 and 2011/2012(?) models with that ugly metallic colour intake looking thing on the grill. To do away with all of that will be 5 steps backwards.
cdafam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post