Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
Hayden1

Default Kony 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

Old 07-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

Default Re: Kony 2012

Argh can we not ruin these forums with social media garbage. And ill repost this text like I have done to many of the sheep that I call friends on twitter/FB.

Let's get real here. Joseph Kony can be whoever he is said to be. Killer, rapist, murderer etc. But there is something I would like to clarify here-HELLO LITTLE GIRL- "If you share this on facebook, ( it currently has 500,000,000 people sharing it) then we can get the US goverment to stop Joseph Kony and save the children he kidnapped." Oh dear. The US government is only going to step up and stop this if we share it on facebook? Fantastic! So let these killings and murderers come to justice, because we clicked the share button whilst we sit on our ***** infront of a computer, reading a washed down spit out of the facts, and think we are making a difference. No. You want to make a difference? Research and learn about how this happens all over the world. Not just one man, or in one place. After you have done some thorough research, then if you still would like to make a difference, remove yourself from the screen and perhaps invest your time in donating to various related charities, travelling to a place where you can volunteer to help in prevention, or perhaps write an article to raise awareness using proper reliable sources. News flash- Sharing something on facebook doesn't throw authority into action, or cause the FBI to jump up. Neither does it do anything in prevention. I'll bet that after reading or watching these "awareness" shared videos on animal abuse, child abuse and violence, it doesn't cross your mind again. And if it does, does it make you actually do anything about it? After all, talking about "those poor victims of Joseph Kony" over coffee and scones with your buddy doesn't make a killer stop killing, or a rapist stop raping.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
Hayden1

Come on buddy... the only reason I posted this was to make people aware and so they can do SOMETHING. If you are aware then GREAT, don't go bashing me because I posted it. Nothing has been said about this on AFF so I thought why not, it isn't going to do any harm. If you aren't interested then why comment?

Oh yea and please do not generalise and think I'm one of those annoying people who go about posting and sharing **** all over facebook and think they are doing anything. I don't even use facebook ffs

edit:
I defiantly understand you though and agree to a certain point
Old 07-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Fair call on both OP and Cheese....

Subaru Outback '02
Old 07-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Yep ....... but there is a Youtube section for this stuff.
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11242983

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread