Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 26-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Default WT - Aftermarket Carpet Mats + 5 Door Scuff Plates

Howdy Peeps,

Just after some advice.

Has anyone purchased aftermarket scuff plates for a WT 5 Door (2 front + 2 rear). The only ones i can see are some asian ones that look a bit cheap. Has anyone bought these or similar??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiest...item35b3637f72

What about carpet mats?? The ones from Ford are crap to say the least. I am lookign for some with a bit more quality like the standard ones in previous fiesta models. I have researched a few places like ebay and all dont send to australia.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Damo

MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #2
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: WT - Aftermarket Carpet Mats + 5 Door Scuff Plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Howdy Peeps,

Just after some advice.

Has anyone purchased aftermarket scuff plates for a WT 5 Door (2 front + 2 rear). The only ones i can see are some asian ones that look a bit cheap. Has anyone bought these or similar??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiest...item35b3637f72

What about carpet mats?? The ones from Ford are crap to say the least. I am lookign for some with a bit more quality like the standard ones in previous fiesta models. I have researched a few places like ebay and all dont send to australia.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Damo
I had the premium floor mats for my fiesta thrown in and think they are great. Easyish to keep clean and dont seem to show that much dirt etc up. Very happy with them. I'd just go genuine, that way they will fit properly with the anchorage points and around the pedals.
fiestaz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I dont think the quality justifies ford aus asking price so it looks like I might just have to buy overseas.
Old 26-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
trumpy73

Scuff Plates - I got them from ebay and they look good. I got the matt ones though (personal preference)

Floor Mats - DO NOT waste your money on genuine floor mats. They're absolute rubbish (ok if thrown in for free). Hardly any noticeable difference between the standard and premium ones. I've seen much better mats at Kmart and/or suprcheap. Also the genuine driver ones are annoyingly short (probably some safety crap) and a lot of the the dirt from your shoes end up on the outside of the mat.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpy73
Scuff Plates - I got them from ebay and they look good. I got the matt ones though (personal preference)

Floor Mats - DO NOT waste your money on genuine floor mats. They're absolute rubbish (ok if thrown in for free). Hardly any noticeable difference between the standard and premium ones. I've seen much better mats at Kmart and/or suprcheap. Also the genuine driver ones are annoyingly short (probably some safety crap) and a lot of the the dirt from your shoes end up on the outside of the mat.
Well at least im not the only one who thinks they are rubbish (just read up on another thread here asking the same question). I will head to supercheap tomorrow and suss out, if not ill just use my XR4 ones which are currently in the car. They are a near perfect fit thoough.

With the scuff plates did you buy the same ones as the link above that i posted?
Old 30-12-2011, 11:35 PM   #6
Caydus

For the floor mats, I'm using some generic rubber ones from SCA and they're solid. Easy to wipe down and get pebbles/dust out of and fit just fine.

As for the scuff plates, I've ordered some from China for a few bucks and they should get here somewhere prob mid to late Jan, I'll have pics and a short write up when I have them installed.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
layton
Starter Motor

Go to say Clark Rubber and buy some HD rubber matting. You can cut it to size and also do your boot. Water proof, easy to clean and will last a lifetime.
layton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post