Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 17-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #31
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Default Re: WHEELS september edition -out today.. Black Tauraus FPV cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxa384
There's just too much going on for me. Similar to the reasons I dislike the E2 and E3 HSV's.

I quite like the look of the SVO's, if it used the styling cues of it and just 'aggressived' it up a bit, it'd be a winner for me.
Old 17-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #32
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Wheels mag, meh dont believe a thing they write.

If their specualtion was on the money there would be a Twin Turbo V6 Torana by now.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Old 17-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #33
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrghiawagon
btw, before people say "what's tomorrow's thread gonna be", this is Hulk EF, not HULKBA......

back on topic, I wouldn't mind knowing too....
that's not very nice, I didn't even post
Old 17-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #34
Bossxr8
Peter Car

So many factual errors it proves they are doing nothing but speculating to create a story.

1- The FGII is out in October, they are saying next year

2- They say it will have new bonnet, guards, front and rear bars, and new headlights. It won't, just front bar.

3- They say it will be the last Falcon update before 2015/16. Another update is due 2013 if they can get funding. How they expect a new front bar on the FG to carry it through to 2015/16 is beyond me.

4- They claim Ford was knocked back $70 million by Detroit to make the I6 Euro 5. Its basically Euro 5 now, just needs minor tweeking to prove it can remain compliant till 160,000km as required by Euro 5. They have already proven it can be done, so how they think it requires $70 million dollars to do it is beyond me.

5- They claim axing the i6 will cost 1800 jobs. Funny that when the i6 was supposed to be axed a few years ago it was going to be 600 jobs, and with lots of redundancies since then it will be closer to 300-400.

Poorly researched. I could probably find a lot more errors if I could be bothered justifying hearsay and predictions.

Not saying the Falcon won't go FWD/AWD, but righting it off as fact when its still un resolved is too much. And why are they claiming it will be identical to the Taurus when it would more than likely carry its own front and rear sheetmetal to make it look like a Falcon.
Old 17-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #35
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does that mean, if this happens, we get the normal, run of the mill FWD Taurus also? if so..bleh.

Last edited by MethodX; 17-08-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 17-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #36
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

This Falcon product cycle is here until 2016, so why put a picture of a 2011 Taurus on the front page if nothing happens until then?

Getting to Euro 5 and 6 are smaller incremental steps than going from Euro 3 to 4.
Euro 4 was the big jump and that cost $21 million, the govt paid $13 million of it.
Going to Euro 5 and 6 will require some sweat, mostly to do with guaranteeing
emission compliance until 160,000 km instead of 100,000 km and involves things
like regular servicing, changing emission items at set times, using low sulphur oil.....
Old 17-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #37
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Wheels magazine, undermining the Australian Motoring industry for decades.
Leyland, Nissan, Chrysler, Mitsubishi, ford is next, then will it be GM or Toyota.

As for FWD. I've spent the last few weeks driving a 2011 Aurion. 200kw V6, 6 speed auto. If this is anything like the Taurus experience I wont be buying one. Its a nice enough car at 60%, after that it steers like a cow, has lots of wheelspin and and a bit of torque steer through its effective one wheel drive system.

So if future falcon is FWD - I'm out.
Old 17-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #38
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks
Leyland, Nissan, Chrysler, Mitsubishi, ford is next, then will it be GM or Toyota.

As for FWD. I've spent the last few weeks driving a 2011 Aurion. 200kw V6, 6 speed auto. If this is anything like the Taurus experience I wont be buying one. Its a nice enough car at 60%, after that it steers like a cow, has lots of wheelspin and and a bit of torque steer through its effective one wheel drive system.

I agree that FWD sucks, but Toyotas aren't exactly good examples of how to tame a FWD suspension.

The Focus RS shows what a properly setup FWD vehicle can do. Toyota have no clue.
Old 17-08-2011, 10:58 PM   #39
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged
More made up magazine bull to sell their mag.
Agreed.
I like the SHO Taurus, but that is an abomination.

Oh no not more FWD haters
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 17-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #40
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
I agree that FWD sucks, but Toyotas aren't exactly good examples of how to tame a FWD suspension.

The Focus RS shows what a properly setup FWD vehicle can do. Toyota have no clue.
Completely different beasts. The Camry/Aurion is a family car, the Focus RS is an all out performance biased car. I'd say compare it to the TRD Aurion but wasnt that a torque steer monster as well?

Fairly sure the RS uses an LSD to minimise torque steer.
Old 17-08-2011, 11:01 PM   #41
wicksy
Just a bogan VF SS driver

yeah like FPV would do anything like that, boring **** cars they bring out now, look at the new black edition oh yay a sticker pack
Old 17-08-2011, 11:02 PM   #42
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Agreed.
I like the SHO Taurus, but that is an abomination.

Oh no not more FWD haters
The Taurus SHO weighs about the same as a Territory though. Think i'd prefer an AWD Territory with either ecoboost engine or Miami if it was a choice between the two seeing as how they weigh about the same.
Old 17-08-2011, 11:24 PM   #43
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks too similar to a series2 VE HSV for my liking.
Old 17-08-2011, 11:49 PM   #44
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
The Taurus SHO weighs about the same as a Territory though. Think i'd prefer an AWD Territory with either ecoboost engine or Miami if it was a choice between the two seeing as how they weigh about the same.
Yeah fair enough, ive never been a fan of the Territory. I knew the SHO was heavy though, i just like the styling of it (not the Concept though).
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 18-08-2011, 01:28 AM   #45
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The levels of Schadenfreude I get in people having a Bruno Thierry over the pending 'swinging of the axe' on a once-loved-but-now-largely-ignored car is overwhelming...

I fully expect hari-kari from some members here when the inevitable happens...

I was discussing this topic with a mate today, he owns a G6ET that has been no end of grief to him since he got it, and his sentiment was "Falcon dead? Good riddance to bad rubbish"

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
Old 18-08-2011, 03:11 AM   #46
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxa384
so kill it i say.give us the focus/taurus/mustang.game over
Have any of you guys actually driven a 1980s - 2000s American car?

They are the most ridiculous plastic, cheap quality cars I've driven (apart from Korean ones).

The annoying door chime / key in buzzer is a trademark in America. The older cars from the 60s and 70s are alright, but anything modern is far from reliable or of quality. Same applies to many American trucks like Freightliner etc.

Falcon is miles ahead of the Taurus.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Old 18-08-2011, 03:33 AM   #47
kpcart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Smith
i have it in front of me now and it looks so far what i have seen wheels trying to push the falcon death again.
fords own fault!
Old 18-08-2011, 03:46 AM   #48
kpcart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks

how hard are you driving the aurion if you are wheel spinning it?? get off our public roads!!! wheel spinning after 60%, did you really drive this car?? modern front wheel drive cars are great to drive, and are not meant to be driven in the way P platers drive their 4 speed manual XEs, powersliding the rear wheels around turns and doing standstill burnouts. my last 5 cars have been falcons, and my girlfriends car is a 2004 magna, and i like the driving feel of the magna more then my falcon, it is smooth and light, and the FWD is no problem at all, only time it would be is if you are driving it at a race track and are used to RWD, and are not smart enough to change your driving technique.
Old 18-08-2011, 04:00 AM   #49
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

In 1982, they said Falcon will die.
In 1986, they said the same..
In '91, again, they said it.
In '95, it was gone for all certainty.
In '99, they got the holy water out.
In 2005 it was the last ever Falcon.
Every year since, same thing. Days of our lives.

2011.. what's changed? Is anybody really surprised about this front cover?
Old 18-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #50
DougM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcart
how hard are you driving the aurion if you are wheel spinning it?? get off our public roads!!! wheel spinning after 60%, did you really drive this car?? modern front wheel drive cars are great to drive, and are not meant to be driven in the way P platers drive their 4 speed manual XEs, powersliding the rear wheels around turns and doing standstill burnouts. my last 5 cars have been falcons, and my girlfriends car is a 2004 magna, and i like the driving feel of the magna more then my falcon, it is smooth and light, and the FWD is no problem at all, only time it would be is if you are driving it at a race track and are used to RWD, and are not smart enough to change your driving technique.
Ummmm... My company car is a Mazda 6(2.5 4 cyl)It wheelspins way too easily...In the dry.. If you your taking off and turning it wheelspins easily as the driving wheels have to pull the car left or right. This isn't flooring it by any means...

My wife complains about it constantly.In the rain it is worse!! Being auto makes it worse as you have less control feeding the power. My brother's SP25 with the same running gear is not as bad as it is much lighter than the Mazda 6. The traction control doesn't help much as it cuts the throttle rather agressively which is not the safest thing when your turning!

A manual car is better. My brother had a modified SSS Pulsar which was much better as you could control the power being fed to the front wheels.

Onec again I'll say....This is not from racey driving...
Old 18-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #51
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicksy
yeah like FPV would do anything like that, boring **** cars they bring out now, look at the new black edition oh yay a sticker pack
Haters gonna Hate...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 18-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #52
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcart
how hard are you driving the aurion if you are wheel spinning it?? get off our public roads!!! wheel spinning after 60%, did you really drive this car?? modern front wheel drive cars are great to drive...blah blah blah
Probably not as hard as our work Klugers, being lighter too.
Come back to us when you've experienced more than your girlfriends Magna.
We have a FWD Kluger at work and it's diabolical. Even those co-workers who know nothing about cars and actually drive other auto FWD hatches say it's rubbish. It has scared me a couple of times in the wet, that's for sure. Our AWD is a fair bit better dynamically, but still an uninvolving drive.
Old 18-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #53
turbo4me

I know i am going on about this wheels mag thing, but can someone tell me why the Ph3 GTHO was not in their top 50 cars( i think it was 50)in their last mag?

I thought the fastest 4 door production car in it's time would have got a mention.
Old 18-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #54
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
Have any of you guys actually driven a 1980s - 2000s American car?

They are the most ridiculous plastic, cheap quality cars I've driven (apart from Korean ones).

The annoying door chime / key in buzzer is a trademark in America. The older cars from the 60s and 70s are alright, but anything modern is far from reliable or of quality. Same applies to many American trucks like Freightliner etc.

Falcon is miles ahead of the Taurus.
It's 2011 now but....
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 18-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #55
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo4me
I know i am going on about this wheels mag thing, but can someone tell me why the Ph3 GTHO was not in their top 50 cars( i think it was 50)in their last mag?

I thought the fastest 4 door production car in it's time would have got a mention.
Nobody at Wheels is old enough to remember it..
Old 18-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #56
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Death of the falcon, Taurus the new falcon, FWD vs RWD, kpcart anti car posts, Wheels magazine, FPV bashing, Ford bashing ....... All a recipe for disaster.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread