Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 22-10-2005, 06:45 PM   #1
Blitz

Unhappy EDII Dash Air control switches not working

Hey Everyone

The long sliding switch which you select wether you want air coming out at your feet, face or top of the dash is not working. It was working but at some stage its gone to the top of the dash and while you move the switch its not making any difference.

the switch itself feels fine, ive taken the dash apart and everything seems intact and in good order. I believe the other switch selecting to recirculate the air isnt working either.

if this a common thing for the EBII Falcon ? it it the switch/console thing thats not working or is it the part in the fan e.t.c ?

can anyone provide into for how to test or fix ? the rest of the switches in that section work fine.

Thanks

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2005, 09:56 PM   #2
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like a Vacuum problem, as thats what controls the various flaps in the heaterbox opening and closing.
Try the main vacuum line which comes off the rear of the manifold. Its a black thin hose and goes through the passanger side firewall and into a plug with various coloured hoses at the heaterbox behind the dash.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2005, 10:06 PM   #3
BlOWN-EA

that'll be it
Old 23-10-2005, 09:23 PM   #4
Blitz

thanks XR6 Martin!!

ive just had the engine bay cleaned.. so it sounds like that could be it... if not ill let ya know

edit: ive just had a very quick looks, and its dark so i coudlnt see much. Its also on gas so theres alot of extra pipes and cables running in that area. (cars new to me so im not clear on whats what yet.

is it possible to get a little more info or a pic ? e.g where exactly on the intake manifold it connects ? 6th runner.. underneath e.t.c

thanks

Last edited by Blitz; 23-10-2005 at 09:29 PM.
Old 23-10-2005, 09:33 PM   #5
XRated
Shoot.

There should be two or so vac lines from memory, one black and one green. If you look near the window wiper fluid down there you will probably see one has come out of place.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 10:19 PM   #6
calv1234
Starter Motor

Ive got the same problem.. I just checked the two vac lines under the window wiper tank and the black line has come off. where abouts does it go to on the engine side?
calv1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 01:36 AM   #7
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Follow the vacuum line for the brake booster, it connects into the manifold right next to it.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 09:56 AM   #8
PetesEBII
Formerly PetesEB

yep, definatley a vacuum hose thing.
If you cant find the problem, take it to the mecho's, i had this same problem and couldn't find the hose. Cost me about 30 buz to get it done.
Old 24-10-2005, 12:44 PM   #9
jmc-007

I had this problem yesterday.

There is a black and green Hose near the firewall on the engine bay.

Mine came out of the manafold and were just sitting in the air. instead of being plugged in.
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 12:45 PM   #10
jmc-007

Quote:
Originally Posted by calv1234
Ive got the same problem.. I just checked the two vac lines under the window wiper tank and the black line has come off. where abouts does it go to on the engine side?

look at the end of the intake plenum. there will be two connectors down there.

One will be for the green vac hose and the other will where the black one goes.

Make sure you do it when cold.
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 06:21 PM   #11
Blitz

thanks guys, problem fixed.

idle is alot smoother now too