Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #61
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: Ford's near future plans

Pretty much all the same except for the boot / bonnet / front gaurds / bumpers...

Ford could have done the same thing to keep fairlane!! :S
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #62
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Makes you sick doesn't it? The Camaurion may have different hanging panels, but the expensive stuff like doors are the same. Thus showing in fact how easy it is to have two somewhat different variants of one car to appeal to two different buyer groups who, unless they were car people, would assume they are completely different cars.

IMO this is the sort of approach Ford should be taking to the Falcon and the Ecoboost variant. The 4 pot Falcon should be called something else and styled differently.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2011, 05:21 PM   #63
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Holden gain a similiar differentiation with Commodore / Calais by changing the rear tailights / bumpers..

Whle they still look similar park a Commodore next to a Calais and you notice the difference, where as you park an XT next to a G6E and its very close!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2011, 06:15 PM   #64
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks
100% disagree. Start it now.

The user chooser market with novated leases and the like will all be shopping at least 3 months before their lease is up. SO get the interest rolling and get clever and start taking orders for july and august as well.

The other thing Ford need to do is tie their model cycle as best as is possible into the std 3yr lease which has replaced the fleet car.
Very important fact.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #65
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
IF !! Ford want to save the Falcon..it needs more than mild face lift. It needs to be very different or there will be no FH!!!!
This is the biggest question.
I belive they want it gone, but have to ensure there is no govt backlash.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #66
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Unless there is metal changes (which I've read nothing about) I can't see how plastic bumper changes can make it look much different to what we already have??
Changing all the plastic can radically alter the appearance of the car, as you're changing its "face".

And you can change lights too without changing sheetmetal as long as you leave the top of the light where it touches the bonnet the same. Like BFII, it was the bottom of the lights they changed.

But i'm pretty sure that the update will carry over the lights.

Ford will definately want to alter the appearance of the update, I think they were pretty pssed off with all the people who said it looked too much like BFII.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #67
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Whilst I like the look of the FG (particularly the XR's), it could look more 'bolder'

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #68
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Given the recent info on FPV's sales success with its V8 range, Id say theres no better time than now to reintroduce the XR8 at a highly appetising price-point.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #69
bmorris

I'm sure there is reasons why this hasn't happened yet but I've always thought it would be good to see a "buy direct from the factor system" so you could bypass dealers.

It wouldn't be for everyone but for those who knew exactly what they want and didn't require a test drive, they could order what they want and get it at $RRP.