Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-07-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
nsgnomad
Starter Motor

Question WP Fiesta manual gearbox oil change

Can someone tell me how to drain the oil from the gearbox and where the filler plug is to top it up again. I wouldn't normally do this but I need to replace the driveshaft oil seal. I can't see either a drain plug or a filler plug on this manual transaxle.

nsgnomad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #2
nsgnomad
Starter Motor

Well I found out the easy way (expensive way).. I paid a mechanic to do the job then asked him where the filler adn drain plugs were. Both plugs are inside the plastic cover at the front of the gearbox. This has a clip on cover and is the cover over the gear change linkage. The filler plug has a hexagon shaped recess that you would need a special tool or the right size allan key to fit. The drain plug has a square end on it.
nsgnomad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #3
baxt_turbo
Starter Motor

i did my gear box oil change very easey to do, i dont know why u paid someone to do it all u have to do is look and use your brain, all u need is a allen key cant remember what size , a 19mm socket and a tom thumb(pump)
baxt_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post