Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-09-2010, 01:56 AM   #1
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Default Wierd indicator flashing upon closing??

Hey guys

Have done a quick search but found nothing. My mum has reported an interesting feature of her WP 2005 Zetec. Upon closing of the boot sometimes the indicators will flash. Upon further questioning she has told me it appears to flash all the indicators (just like when you lock the car doors with the central locking) when you close the boot. It appears to only happen when the rest of the car is already locked (i.e seems to denote the car is now fully 'locked'). Is this a feature of the WP/WQ etc. or is really happening randomnly and just a loose wire or something?

From my experience with falcons etc. i am not aware of such a feature on any other ford products (or any other car??). Either this car is doing something wierd with its wiring or my mum is right and its a nifty little setup from the germans to denote the car is now fully 'locked' etc.....

thanks for any help guys

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Yep, happens on WQ as well, only happens when rest of cars is locked.
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Happens to my WS as well. You're spot on, if you unlock the boot, then lock the car without closing the boot, when you close the boot the lights flash to indicate the car is now completely locked

I believe it's a hatch thing, as the Focus does it also.
Old 21-09-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

ok thanks guys. Nifty little feature this. Kinda similar to the rear windscreen wiper coming on when the front wipers are on and you put it in reverse.... Apparently this has also happened a few times (you use the wipers alot in FNQld with the constant rain) and freaked out the users LOL. My question is how long does the rear wiper stay on one you reselect a forward gear? Is it 5 seconds or 5 minutes?

Also have a quick question about the windscreen wipers RE the intermittant feature. My mum either can't read the manual very well (or it isn't in there) but i was told you can set the intermittant speed of the wipers by moving the wipers to intermittant, then to the off position and then after your desired pause back to the intermittan again. It remember this time (the pause) as your desired intermittant setting. Is this true and is it on WP? I though WQ got a little rotating slide (like the falcon's) for adjusting wiper intermittant function??

Thanks for the help guys by all reports my mum loves her little Fez but some things ze germans do differently from our previous Aus designed fords so some teething issues while everyone gets aquainted....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2010, 11:42 PM   #5
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the rear wiper i believe only does one wipe before returning back to its resting position.

the intermittent wipers, im pretty sure there is just one setting for. although i could be wrong, would be interested though if it does actually have this feature and i havent noticed lol.
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #6
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My rear wiper only goes on once when reverse is selected. Pretty sure the WP was the same.

As for the front wipers, IIRC, you push the wiper lever up to the first setting, leave it there for as long as you want the intermediate function to run, then push it back down when you're happy with timing. If you then push it back up, it'll set the intermediate timing to what the previous wipe timing was. Hope that makes sense lol! Pretty much what you said though. The WQ and WS have the simple little winder on the wiper lever.
Old 22-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #7
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
My rear wiper only goes on once when reverse is selected. Pretty sure the WP was the same.

As for the front wipers, IIRC, you push the wiper lever up to the first setting, leave it there for as long as you want the intermediate function to run, then push it back down when you're happy with timing. If you then push it back up, it'll set the intermediate timing to what the previous wipe timing was. Hope that makes sense lol! Pretty much what you said though. The WQ and WS have the simple little winder on the wiper lever.
Happens to my Fez too, I believe that occurs to ensure the window is clean for reversing?
Old 22-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #8
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JClarke
Happens to my Fez too, I believe that occurs to ensure the window is clean for reversing?
Essential for my Fiesta, as when it gets wet, the back end gets filthy! Nifty little feature though.
Old 22-09-2010, 03:02 PM   #9
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Essential for my Fiesta, as when it gets wet, the back end gets filthy! Nifty little feature though.
Agreed, espeically these large spoilers that sheds the water from the rear window.
Old 22-09-2010, 07:23 PM   #10
shroomies49

And the spoiler likes to be a nice lil water collector....

To date: Phillips H1 & H7 Bluevision bulbs, K&N Panel filter,Centre console, clicon system for gps

To Do: 17" wheels and possibly lowering
shroomies49 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post