Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-09-2005, 03:54 PM   #31
TCK-098

Quote:
So you are baseing the presumption that JMM are no good based on 1 street race?
No not at all and i didnt say that JMM werent any good anyways just found it hard to believe that both cars had things done to them and a joe blow rocks up and ends up in front of the better car.

The fact is i wasnt having a go at JMM afterall i am purchasing some scavenger headers very shortly and has it come to point now that everything i post up the whole forum gets knarky about a simple comment.

Not everyone has the same views on things but at the end of the day we all need to move on.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:55 PM   #32
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
lox no the car is from a liverpool workshop and it this occured not on race track but on a cruise last saturday night.
Joe @ Crescent ?

I don't think that a street race would be the best place to test a car's performance....yet alone be a smart thing to do.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

Last edited by loxxr6; 10-09-2005 at 04:03 PM.
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 04:04 PM   #33
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krustytheclown
The fact is i wasnt having a go at JMM afterall i am purchasing some scavenger headers very shortly and has it come to point now that everything i post up the whole forum gets knarky about a simple comment.
Try reading what you originally posted again and then you'll understand:
Quote:
Jim mock right the saying goes the more money you spent the slower you go i know of a sydney based vechile that blew the doors off a jim mock prepped vechile on saturday night and the funniest part it has 300000kms on the dial amazing what i little shopping and paying will do the a car.
Basically, for everyone else who reads this there are 2 clear and consise points you have made.
1. JMM is (in your opinion) overpriced and
2. There porducts can be beaten by any old hack with 300,000kms on the clock.

You made no reference to the other car being modified, you made no reference to the "race" being on a public road where many, many other factors are involved.

Basically, you made the comment... you were hauled up on it and now your backpedaling. How about making it clear what you really want to say in the first post to avoid confusion in the future?

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 04:31 PM   #34
TCK-098

Yeah point taken just have to make sure i read things before i post them up.

now with the chiptorque what gains would i achieve the scavengers get fitted as well.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:39 PM   #35
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Yeah point taken just have to make sure i read things before i post them up.

now with the chiptorque what gains would i achieve the scavengers get fitted as well.
Depends on how bad the factory tune is. There are no fixed gains, it will tune the engine to a more optimal level. You might get 5kw, you might get 15kw. Impossible to say.

What I will say is that it will almost certainly be an improvement on the factory tune and will be most noticable in the lower revs.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 09:06 AM   #36
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
No it wasnt IT car id rather get JMM or Redcliffedyno to build me a engine than IT performance purely for the fact the cars that have had the engines done and the claims of power output are pure BS but hey each to there own.

lox no the car is from a liverpool workshop and it this occured not on race track but on a cruise last saturday night.
Rob's wagon (GLi EB from memory) ... that's a machine that thing ... exhaust and mild cam only .. the only mods on that car (oh rims and suspension) ... that's it ... its the family car with a baby seat in it.

His current figures are:
14.966@90.86mph
148.4rwkw

Here's his specs that he has posted up as well:
pacemakers and 2.5" zorst, 17" mags and EL thermos, lowered 2.5", LSD,CMS stg 2 cam

And the Liverpool workshop has done some pretty damn good work as well ... and this is where I'll be getting all my work done as well.

Last edited by Mechan1k; 11-09-2005 at 09:12 AM.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 09:19 AM   #37
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

The best workshop in Liverpool is Joe at Crescent Motorsports.
He installed my cam and did a top job.Ill be the first to push his barrow here. He is a relatively unsung hero here but I think that he deserves credit ..he is good.. I know that he constantly works on the I6 with his new dyno and is a friendly ,sincere guy.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 09:24 AM   #38
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Yep Joe is where I got my ute serviced the last week ... they are a good bunch of guys there .. even let me use their tools in their work shop to do stuff on my car while it was serviced there.

A mate of mine works their part time as well. Will be going back there to get more work done to the car as well (once i get more details on the Snort S/C kit ... and some money together).
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 10:07 AM   #39
Blackxr6

Many years ago when I was 20 my first hot car was a HK 327 monaro.Yeah the grunt was awesome but at what price. Sometimes I dream of turbo-ing my XR6 but I'm happy to cruise around in a nice looking car and spend the money on a holiday to Fiji.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 12:57 PM   #40
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Quote:
Jim mock right the saying goes the more money you spent the slower you go i know of a sydney based vechile that blew the doors off a jim mock prepped vechile on saturday night and the funniest part it has 300000kms on the dial amazing what i little shopping and paying will do the a car.

As for body kit yes go the TS-50 kit as it looks the goods and you can get the I6 going to without morgaging a house on forced induction.
As good as Robs wagon is its only going as fast as a JMM dev3HL modded car.

Now bang for buck he may have done better but the JMM gear does work and at least as well as anyone elses. I have lined up a manual dev3hl ute at WSID and he managed a 14.9 too. Mines a bit slower being an Auto but look at the TS 90Mph which means our power to weight have to be very similar.

Love to line him up anyday at WSID though properly timed not on the road.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 02:02 PM   #41
BuuBox

I'd have to agree that mods can be useless without a decent tuner, but you can hardly say JMM are crappy at that! I was at a car show a few years back, and there was a bit of a dyno challenge. First up was a stanfard STI, which made just about what it should have, then came a heavily modded WRX, exhaust, bov, boost etc. It made less power than the STI, and back fired at the top end of the rev range. Another came from the same tuner, and nearly the same thing happened, except it made less power than you'd expect from a standard WRX. The last car from that tuner ended up going home sans a running engine... Don't think I'd ever go shopping at that place! I've got it on tape somewhere.

Funnily enough, the highest power recorded was by a turbocharged 2.6 litre Sigma, of all things.

Anyway, back on the topic. The Maddest Man hit the nail on the head there, it all depends on what you want from your car. Power? Looks? At the moment, my car's all about no show, and no go... :P
BuuBox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 02:34 PM   #42
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU3FAIRMONT
I have got a AU3 Fairmont 4.0 Litre. Im kinda new to the car scene. I want to hot up my fairmont. What are the best ways?

Thanks
Start with a set of headers and a cold air setup.
Headers pacemaker comp series 4480 or JMM race series headers are both OK and have good results..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 08:14 PM   #43
geza
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU3FAIRMONT
I have got a AU3 Fairmont 4.0 Litre. Im kinda new to the car scene. I want to hot up my fairmont. What are the best ways?

Thanks
I've just recently become a member of ford forums myself, but before i did, i spent alot of hours reading through them.
From the advice given to others, from the more learned members of the forum, i went to Jim Mock and as we speak they are installing a DEV 5a kit after they race modify the engine to my AU1 Fairmont. But be warned, this is my second visit, as the first time they installed a DEV 1 and a xr6 LSD diff running 3.45:1 gears. When the missus drove it for the first time after the mod, she said "wow, but can it get any quicker off the lights?" and I said "Yes". The rest, as they say, is history.

Good Luck
geza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 08:22 PM   #44
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Is it an auto or manual?

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 11-09-2005, 08:44 PM   #45
geza
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Is it an auto or manual?
It's an auto and Brenden is installing the JMM stalie and a trans oil cooler.
geza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 09:17 PM   #46
Stav
Smile

You are on a good thing..let us all know how it goes .We all like the success stories. Let us know how the dev 5 a idles too.

Old 19-09-2005, 10:09 PM   #47
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Talking "Big Bopper to March Hare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Im not supercharging!!
That is what the "Night Rider" said & looked what happened to him.