Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
Den76
Phantom cruiser

Default New Porsche Panamera 4 door

Seen the new porsche Panamera yesterday along Eastern FWY melb bound

What does eveyone think?

Not a massive fan just didnt do it for me looked more like a mix up between a crossfire and a cayenne, also very quite no exhaust noise at all

Den76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
JTFG
In a Ford..at last!

I've seen one before on the road, just doesn't look right
JTFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
Neeek
65 Galaxie Hardtop

Only a mother could love it. From the front, it looks fine. But the back... just looks like it's got all windy and bloaty...

I'd have an Aston Rapide over that, every day of the week and twice on Sundays...

Neeek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Someone owned one around my old work in Silverwater. If they had a set of 22's on there it wouldn't look too bad, just like the way a set of 22's make 300C's look pretty cool, but with the standard rims it just looks horrid
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

I love it.
It is a new platform designed for the Panamera.
It seats all four occupants comfortably.
It handles brilliantly and goes like a cut snake in just about any form.

I'd take one over the Aston any day.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #6
BOON250

Trust me.. drive the Turbo and you won't want an Aston...

BOON250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #7
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

There was a article done a while ago with porsche staffers and sports car lover ex radio jock Mr Doug Mulray testing these through the Alice to darwin then onto the west.
Was a good read but I can't remember which mag - nah either get the real toy or be half arsed ala boxster hehe
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #8
tweeked
N/A all the way

Looks like a Musso sportscar,..........doesn't go like one at least.

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #9
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not my cup of tea. As stated above, the front looks fine, but that rear end I'm not so keen on..... I think they should stick to what they know best ie the 911.
sly_ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 05:34 PM   #10
LUXO_8
windsor user

saw a white one in geelong the other day....tripped me out as i didnt think they were here yet....
certainly a fair bit larger than i expected....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 06:12 PM   #11
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217
There was a article done a while ago with porsche staffers and sports car lover ex radio jock Mr Doug Mulray testing these through the Alice to darwin then onto the west.
Was a good read but I can't remember which mag - nah either get the real toy or be half arsed ala boxster hehe
That was a good article, it was in Wheels.

I kindof agree with what most people have said - looks pretty average from behind. But from every other angle, I think they're absolutely stunning.
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 06:17 PM   #12
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks nice but what's the point in a 4 door Porka? 2 doors are the real deal. I bought the new Motor mag and it had this gem in it. Now where's my lotto ticket? :

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/p...-rs-2010-05-12

And if you are crazy enough there is a upgrade that can take it up to something like 680kw and 900nm I think. I left the mag at work
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 06:21 PM   #13
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Not my cup of tea.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #14
3vXT

Been around for a little while now, someone close to home has a dark blue one that i've seen several times since Christmas at least.

I'd rather a 911 and some money left over. Actually, i could think of several non-supercar company cars for less than 50K i'd rather have. I will admit that they turn heads but i could ride a postie bike around naked and people would look.

Why is Porshe splitting models now? There is that 'between a boxter and a 911' thing and now this 'between a 911 and a Cayenne' Panamera thing. I don't think a boxter or a cayenne are ever going to light my fire but they bookend the 'good porshes' pretty well. What is the point of jamming more 'halfway' models in there?
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 08:01 PM   #15
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

My boss bought one a few months ago. Not a good looking car at all. Look even worse close up. And when he went from a DB9 vantage to this it was a big step down in my opinion.

AU3 220 XR8
CUSTOM PEARL PAINT
LOWERED THEN LOWERED EVEN MORE
ADVANTI 20's
K&N
PORTED MANIFOLDS
TWIN 2 1/2 into 3 inch PIPES
244rwhp
NOW WITH T5 5 SPEED
COBRA CLUTCH AND BILLET LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL

SUZUKI GSX-R 750
BLACK 2007 MODEL
CARBON FIBRE YOSHI PIPE
BLACKAUXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 11:57 PM   #16
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

VW are calling the shots at Porsche now. The Panamera may wind up in other VW brands range of cars (much like the Tourag & the Cayenne), It looked similar to the recent Bugatti 4 dr concept.

The driveline, engine & 4wd were sitting on the shelf from the Cayenne. And there have been rumours around for ages of a new front engined GT coupe (a la 928 GT).

VW announced their new Bluesport mid-engined convertible recently, which may morph in to a sub-Boxster priced cheap Porsche.

Some of the internal competition will be interesting - Bentley GT v Porsche GT, Audi R8 v 911 turbo v Lambo Gallardi, etc.

The car has been out for a while, I work near Porsche Melbourne & see a lot of good gear there (had a scrute at the new 911 GT3 RS a few weeks ago).

The Panamera may be ugly & heavy but the turbo (3d spoiler & all) posts incredible cornering & laptime numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
Been around for a little while now, someone close to home has a dark blue one that i've seen several times since Christmas at least.

I'd rather a 911 and some money left over. Actually, i could think of several non-supercar company cars for less than 50K i'd rather have. I will admit that they turn heads but i could ride a postie bike around naked and people would look.

Why is Porshe splitting models now? There is that 'between a boxter and a 911' thing and now this 'between a 911 and a Cayenne' Panamera thing. I don't think a boxter or a cayenne are ever going to light my fire but they bookend the 'good porshes' pretty well. What is the point of jamming more 'halfway' models in there?
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2010, 12:02 AM   #17
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Not a huge fan, but im not big on Porsche really give me a high end Audi any day of the week.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post