Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-05-2010, 11:07 AM   #61
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nang3
I wouldnt shoot a theif in the back running down the street, but rape my GF and kill my dog and il shoot them in the leg then beat the absolute living ******** out of them.. im sure most guys on here would agree they would do or at least be thinking the same
I'm sure most would agree with the sentiment, but that's a lot different to doing it for real then dealing with the consequences. Punishment is supposed to be met out by the courts, not by a personal act of retribution.

As far as the hoon laws go, I disagree with them. They are an ill thought out piece of grandstanding by politicians and allow too much leeway for abuse by law enforcement.
Old 20-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #62
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
In relation to hoon laws I think they are a great tool for police to use to actually have some affect on those that constantly abuse our road laws. People who drive at excessive speeds, 45kmph over, people who sit in suburban streets night after night doing burn outs, people who drive through boom gates when they are down, because they are too lazy to wait, etc etc. In fact I do not think they go far enough. But that is another topic.
I realise this is another topic, but will try to link the too. In regards to the above hoon laws, wasnt it always illegal to drive at excessive speeds and do burn outs in suburban streets before Hoon laws?

Personally I beleive the issues in todays society have nothing to do with the police and have everything to do with the law makers and courts. Our pollies in particular will pass these laws stating that they are fixing a certain problem. However in reality there were already laws in place covering the issue. These are either not able to be enforced (due to lack of resources for the police) or the deterent simply isnt enough to make people stop and think about their actions.

To relate this back to the topic at hand I see no reason why we need a law to tell us to lock our cars - people should have the choice of either locking them or not locking them and dealing with the consequences of there actions.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
Old 20-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #63
sleek7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nang3
Last post on Page 2 - Lots of text
Ive thought about this a few times actually. Just hypothetical scenerios as to what id do if i caught someone in my house or attempting to steal my car.
My first thought is that id pretty much lose it and would go all out of the low life but then I think about what the consequences of my actions could be if I really messed him up (if i made him para/quadraplegic, gave him a perma disability, etc) and then think well maybe should just threaten or leave to get police... Difficult to know unless it actually happens, but in the heat of the moment with adrenaline racing though my body knowing that there is an unwelcome intruder in my house taking what I have worked hard for, I dont think I would be able to restrain myself until it would be too late, let alone think about what the bloody law states.

edit:sry, have actually gone off topic
Old 20-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #64
nang3

yeh thats exactly the problem!! in the heat of the moment blind rage would just cloud your judgement and you'd more than likely go to town on them...

of course if someone steals my ******** then i'd be ****ed off and probably knock the thief out if i can but in the end its all insured - i wouldnt beat them half to death tho, but if they raped my mrs i would not stop til my knuckles elbows knees and feet were all broken from caving his **************** skull in!
Old 20-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #65
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

What was this thread about again?
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 20-05-2010, 02:05 PM   #66
bungarra

Police fines for leaving car unlocked, went a bit off topic me thinks.
Old 20-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #67
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Topic's been covered, information's been shared. People are going off on tangents, so we're all done here.

lock your cars.
Closed Thread