Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-02-2010, 02:09 AM   #31
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

face palm

was one of the most intelligent and humorous ad's Ive seen of late :

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2010, 05:23 AM   #32
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My poor XF
Sad thing is they probably are......
Probably not much more than the average Aussie...
Old 13-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #33
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bird
Probably not much more than the average Aussie...
as has variously been demonstrated in this thread.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #34
5.4 GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytaka
It's also giving the middle finger to people who think that you have to drive a car with no power to be eco-friendly.
Or brakes.

I quite liked the ad.
5.4 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #35
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe OP is offended cos the website told him to be?

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #36
Spinner77

Godwin's Law states:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #37
RATT
In a Pug..

Great ad. It's making a mockery of the "global warming" fad, hardly fascist.
RATT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #38
fg_nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Thick as a brick, must be a Labor voter. Thinks of Rudd's ETS Enforcers down the track.

Blary good ad, won't past muster here in oz, it'll upset Penny and the true believers.
Spot on Keepleft. Like others have said it was a "Take the ********"

I can see all those things happening if Krudd n Wong get their way.
fg_nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #39
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not sure what is funnier, the advertisement, the OP or the dumb f*ing yank's comments in the link.

I can't believe he won't buy an Audi because of what happened in 1942!!! What a douche bag.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #40
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by My poor XF
Your right mate I was refering to the guy in the OP's link, that guy was offended majorly, for the reason I outlined. I thought it was a brilliant ad.
But the guy in the link is a 'Murrican and lives in the country that was offended by Benny Hill!!

I wonder if he'd be as upset if the ad was set in the UK?
Old 13-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #41
My32Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
Great ad. It's making a mockery of the "global warming" fad, hardly fascist.
Has anyone ever sat back and given some thought to this "global warming"(oh sorry, it's no longer called that after the hacking of the University of Anglia emails- it's now atmospheric deterioration) scenario. All media consistently say that this is a reality. There some among us who don't believe in man made "global warming". If that's the case then surely some of those people are involved in the media. But never a squeak out of them. Why? Would it be that "the powers that be" have an interest in pushing only one side of the argument. Remember Al Gore and his doco telling of the dangers of "global warming" and how all world governments should have carbon taxes, ETS's etc -it's a bit ironic that he heads a company that deals in buying and selling carbon credits which is worth squat without carbon trading schemes.Then there's Agenda 21, a UN document signed by nearly every country including Australia which blueprints world society for this century. It's a scary read. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1335656/posts. Fortunately there are some -albeit in only alternative media who can give us some perspective from the other side. http://www.infowars.com/.
My32Doors is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #42
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonfun
Has anyone ever sat back and given some thought to this "global warming"(oh sorry, it's no longer called that after the hacking of the University of Anglia emails- it's now atmospheric deterioration) scenario. All media consistently say that this is a reality. There some among us who don't believe in man made "global warming". If that's the case then surely some of those people are involved in the media. But never a squeak out of them. Why? Would it be that "the powers that be" have an interest in pushing only one side of the argument. Remember Al Gore and his doco telling of the dangers of "global warming" and how all world governments should have carbon taxes, ETS's etc -it's a bit ironic that he heads a company that deals in buying and selling carbon credits which is worth squat without carbon trading schemes.Then there's Agenda 21, a UN document signed by nearly every country including Australia which blueprints world society for this century. It's a scary read. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1335656/posts. Fortunately there are some -albeit in only alternative media who can give us some perspective from the other side. http://www.infowars.com/.
And this has what to do with the Audi Advert?
Old 13-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #43
My32Doors

The Audi ad featured on infowars and there just happened to be a soapbox in front of me
Old 13-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #44
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Wow, some pretty retarded people out there if this add is in ANY way offensive. If you didn't laugh, please go drown yourself now and leave some oxygen for the rest of us.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #45
My32Doors

Think of the ad as looking into a crystal ball. You may not agree - that's entirely up to you, but I reserve the right to say I told you so.
Old 13-02-2010, 06:16 PM   #46
Bunyip

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20btt
Thank you Wally.
Sorry cosmo my bad. I should have read it
a few more times before I wrote.

Cheers
Bunyip is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #47
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Geez it's just a stupid ad. Why does everyone get upset with things these days? If I wanted to I bet i could go through that ad and find elements of racism, fascism among others, people read into things too much. Stop having a cry and harden up. If anything Audi should be shot for making such a ******** poor American-ised advert. Audi have built a reputation for having such heart felt, emotive ads, this is just trash. Something I'd never expect from Audi.
Old 14-02-2010, 12:47 AM   #48
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Stupid ad that appeals to stupid people.

PLENTY OF THEM ON TV
Old 14-02-2010, 01:11 AM   #49
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

There are arguabley no more idiots in America by proportion than there is here, just remember that their population is roughly estimated 15-20x ours (with/without unregistered illegals), and they all take their 'right to freedom of speech' et al very seriously. It's out of proportion by the media, just as racism here is blown out of proportion by the Indian and world media.
Kamshaaft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2010, 04:37 AM   #50
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Do you remember when people were saying "Gee, it's getting so bad pretty soon all cars will be 4-bangers, not be fast at all, and the new computers they are putting on the cars will make it impossible to work on the cars?" That's what we were saying here (US) around 1980 when we learned cars were having to go to computer controlled engines and manufacturers were moving to front wheel drive, smaller cars and smaller engines.

Well now this commercial is just creating the world we are talking about now; Police monitoring your practices, mandatory composting, etc.

Here in the US we don't believe this is going to happen, but you also pay attention to what is going on.

I didn't find this commercial offensive at all. Now if they started asking people to see their "papers" then I can see where the link could be made, but otherwise it is a sarcastic and over-exaggerated "possible future" based on some present concerns.

As for anyone concerned about Audi's relationship to Nazis........ I wonder how they feel about Henry Ford's relationship with Hitler???

Oh........ssshhhhhh........don't bring that up I guess. Hey, it was just business.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post