Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 25-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #31
COUPE 72
coupe 72

Is Gary Miocevich behind the rumoured track near Avalon?

I heard on the grape vine you guys had a street meet at Calder and so many racers turned up it was a lockout for competitors, is that true?

You guys need to really get behind this new track and try to contain your primal urges to race at Calder. Back Heathcote and any new facility, returning to Calder will only bring pain, if there is racing off and on again at Calder youll only make it harder for a new facility to get going. Lets face it calder and AIR are no longer compliant and its owner isnt about to allow ANDRA championship racing at his tracks.

How did Bob Jane get money for his facility is he funding it or is the gov. Apparently there has been alot of work done at AIR but i havent seen it, hope he didnt use vic gov money in SA, that could be hard to explain.Theres no way he would have got any money out of our gov.......we're all hoons lol.
COUPE 72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2009, 05:48 PM   #32
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUPE 72
there has been alot of work done at AIR but i havent seen it, hope he didnt use vic gov money in SA, that could be hard to explain.Theres no way he would have got any money out of our gov.......we're all hoons lol.
I have heard he did, I could say the rumour I heard, but I could find myself in trouble as Bob knows me kind of.
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2009, 07:06 PM   #33
COUPE 72
coupe 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Trev
I have heard he did, I could say the rumour I heard, but I could find myself in trouble as Bob knows me kind of.
Ooooooooo the plot thickens, dont be a tease, PM me i wont tell anyone honest!
COUPE 72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2009, 09:09 AM   #34
yogi351

Quote:
Yeah, rumour has it Bob got the money and spent it on Calder
Bob didn't get any money from the government, Notice all the landfill around the place? Companies have been paying to dump it there from the new estates going up around Melbourne...
Grape vines are only good for one thing, making grapes... Alot of the rumours are from people who really know nothing, but want to make it sound like they know something. Alot of the so called 'information' that gets posted has been around for years....

Last edited by yogi351; 29-11-2009 at 09:17 AM.
yogi351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #35
KPOJ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah, rumour has it Bob got the money and spent it on Calder
Bob did not have or receive any of that alleged $6m. All the upgrades were done out of his own pocket, the track at avalon is plotted out but requires one more purchase of land and its all steam ahead..... but with the regular change of state government all the process that has been made is back to square one. I have money tied up in drags, i would love to see it start up again but i honestly cant see it happening in victoria ever.
KPOJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post