Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-11-2009, 03:01 AM   #1
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 
Default good cruise spots around gold coast?

since ive just moved up here to the gold coast, just wonderin where to go for a cruise (not a hoon : ) to check out some nice cars and see some sceanery too hehe :

who from the forum is around the area to catch up with and talk fords (naturally) and get to meet some new people up here.

cheers

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
MR.BA.GT.332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2009, 07:24 AM   #2
The Monty
Just slidin'

For nice drives, Natural Arch at Springbrook is the go.
Also Currumbin rock pools, and the drive to Murwilumbah via Tomewin.
Mount Tamborine and do one of the Tamborine Trolley tours and youll find the best acohol, food and produce on offer in the southeast.
If you come up Brisbane way, there is Mount Coot-tha, Mount Neebo/Glorious, Mount Mee, and then theres a few places up towards Sunshine Coast.
On Friday nights people in nice cars usually hang out at Harry's (northside of Brisbane, virtually dead now though) or Munchies at Acacia Ridge on the Southside of Brisbane.
Unfortunately on the Gold Coast you get a crapola load of Ricers.
Hope this helps.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Unfortunately I don't get out often enough these days to know where anyone meets up.

There's a 24 hour MacDonalds on the Gold Coast highway, in near Southport, and as far as I know people were meeting just near there on a Saturday night, but probably not anymore. The ricers and idiots basically ruin all the good meeting spots by attracting the wrong attention.

By the way, welcome to God's country :
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
Cam
Stroking it...

Well for gold coasters, the natural place to go cruising is through "the lap" surfers down the esplanade to broadbeach and back, just find a decent car to follow, and you can go round and round all night :P

Plenty of cars, and plenty of scenery. I am not too sure how much of the "scenery" you are looking for goes to the mountains for a Saturday night :

Arrhh i miss the goldy..
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Theres heaps of places to cruise to, Springwood, Mount Tambo, Hinze dam (whenever the hell its open again), or quick lap down to byron bay or around tweed valley..

Lapping round Surfers is fun for a while but eventually theres too much trouble, last time I went through Cavill Ave in my old car it ended up wearing a bottle through the front bar...

Old Rides:
BF MkII 07 XR6 , Seduce in colour.... : Growler Airbox, custom exhaust and other goodies
AUII TE-FORTE
Monsoon Blue,Full Cobra Performance exhaust system, G+D CAI, Crow Cam, Tickford Suspension, TE50 Kit, RDA Slotteds, Ridin on Advanti 18's
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #6
GTP 290

Sunday afternoon out at the spit from about 2pm onwards you will see some of the hottest cars GC has to offer. I case you don't know where the spit is just go out the road past sea world and keep on driving.
GTP 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2009, 09:55 PM   #7
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Yeah sunday arvo is probly the best go. I usually get out at least every second weekend these days in the XY. Quite a few seem to congregate at the spit carpark.

I cruise up to the spit, down the esplanade and turn around at broady if I want the short lap, or drive to tweed an do the point danger lap and back up again. Drive round from around 1 to 2pm till dark.

Beware the cops are usually pretty bad at the spit carpark and the road in and out, as there is 1 road in and out only.

I find the sunday arvos are where u will see a lot of cops, but not get hassled as long as u behave, where as sat nite will find a lot of cars out, lots of cops just waiting to ping anyone and of course the idiots who are drinking from in town.
So I dont cruise sat nites anymore.

The goldie is full of ricer rockets tho, and quite often I am surprised to see anything decent older than a later 80's car. Its a rare occasion I see any real Fords from 67 to 76 these days out n about when I am out.

Dunno bout meet up points, as I rarely stop. Got no interest in ricer junk, so not much point stoppin an talkin to em, or tryin to find out where the hang spots are. HTH.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2009, 01:34 AM   #8
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Give the Highland Park a shot, it's not so much a cruise spot, but when you get to the dead end at the top, it's a pritty good photo op.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2009, 08:06 AM   #9
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY
Give the Highland Park a shot, it's not so much a cruise spot, but when you get to the dead end at the top, it's a pritty good photo op.
always a good place to take your mrs to lol
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2009, 08:55 PM   #10
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Highland park is nothing.
Drive up to the Panorama at Tallai. You get to see it all from up there.

Go to Google Maps an type in the Panorama Tallai, and go there. Its well worth it.

Just make sure yr brakes are spot on for the trip down.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2009, 09:03 PM   #11
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
Highland park is nothing.
Drive up to the Panorama at Tallai. You get to see it all from up there.

Go to Google Maps an type in the Panorama Tallai, and go there. Its well worth it.

Just make sure yr brakes are spot on for the trip down.
yep that's a great spot, but a few mates who were hanging out up there got the cops called on them and told to off..not very welcome people up there.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2009, 09:19 PM   #12
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Ive wanted to try the road that turns off the mt lindesay hwy heading to beaudesert, theres signage saying to the gold coast. It looks nice.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2009, 01:37 AM   #13
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 

thanks for all the tips guys... will try and get some laps in in the next couple of weeks, but got a few things on the next few weekends, then it will almost be Xmas (already! cant wait tho will be picking up my XA!!) but, if ya happen to spot my Black EB XR8 - JLB84D plates runnin around the area or up the motorway jump on here and let me know. Here she is:

I know where the spit is and a couple of the other spots mentioned but not all, so will go check out the ones i know and go from there.... not keen on the ricers tho but maybe some of the "sceanery" might be worth looking at ;)

also, do many people cruise up to the willowbank test n tune nights on wednesdays? was gunna head up there for a look soon too.
cheers

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
MR.BA.GT.332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post