Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-01-2009, 04:57 PM   #31
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84RGE
lol, try going for a "spirited ride" and some ****errrr in a GT is potting along 60kph corners dong 30kph, and yur mates have gone ahead, and you dont know where they are headed, well, hey look, it takes me .3 seconds to overtake affor mentioned GT, drop gear, bang, done here, i am in front and offf i go!

Build a bridge mate ;)

i take it you have never doen somethign stupid on the roads yourself, ever?
Picked your Post out as an Example of many Stupid Posts in this Thread re this Topic.

He said he was doing 100 & not 30, you say it is ok to Ride like a Moron Coz you have lost ya Mates & then that we all do Stupid things on the Road so this Makes it ok :

What Heroes Bike Riders are if they Ride like Complete Idiots, sure Impresses me.

And my 18 yo Son is another Idiot on a Bike which he should not be allowed to Ride at his level of Experiance & I guess you have a Bike as your Sig says something about being a temp Aussie (Go Figure).
Buddy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #32
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The funny thing with being a clown on a bike or even in a car is that while you may think your real cool, everyone else thinks your a f*&Iwit.
Couldnt agree more with mcnews, once you do a track day especially if there are some real fast guys there you realise that your not that fast and how much more fun the track is. I gave up the big sportsbikes years ago, big adventure bikes are where its at, get right away from all the idiots (on bikes and in cars).
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 06:14 PM   #33
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy 1
Picked your Post out as an Example of many Stupid Posts in this Thread re this Topic.

He said he was doing 100 & not 30, you say it is ok to Ride like a Moron Coz you have lost ya Mates & then that we all do Stupid things on the Road so this Makes it ok :

What Heroes Bike Riders are if they Ride like Complete Idiots, sure Impresses me.

And my 18 yo Son is another Idiot on a Bike which he should not be allowed to Ride at his level of Experiance & I guess you have a Bike as your Sig says something about being a temp Aussie (Go Figure).

i was merely pointing out a example as to why it mainly happens and as to why i do as what was mentioned. when the person in front is driving unsafely, and also i rased the point that he must obviously be a perfect driver on the roads, to be complainign about others.... and no ones out to impress you mate ;) trust me on that one!
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #34
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Well, it's not just bike riders that are stupid or selfish.

On my way home today in traffic i was in the lane next to a marked cop car. A blue VE and in front of me was a Pajero who tried to change lanes into the car next to them which then had to move within their lane to avoid contact.

Quickly realising their error, the Pajero moved back into their lane and turned off the indicator. This happened as we were passing the speed camera up Jesmond hill in Newcastle.

So when I looked across I expected the copper to do something as it was very close to a collision. No, nothing, he was probably checking his speed...

About a 100m further up the hill, the Pajero re-tried to change lanes by indicating and slowing down to move in behind. Instead the copper then proceeded to speed up to close the gap, not once but twice...

This resulted in the Pajero appearing to miss their turn off over the hill into Charlestown / Croudace rd and had to continue on.

Maybe this was the coppers way of dishing out justice. Either way it was pathetic or petty.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #35
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84RGE
i was merely pointing out a example as to why it mainly happens and as to why i do as what was mentioned. when the person in front is driving unsafely, and also i rased the point that he must obviously be a perfect driver on the roads, to be complainign about others.... and no ones out to impress you mate ;) trust me on that one!
Just to address your curiosity.......No one in front of the said bikes was driving unsafely or way below the speed limit to even remotely offer a twig of logic as to why batman attempted his stunt ???????

No bends in the roads either so no excuses there...........dead straight road with plenty of rises hence the double whites. Again, its the point that multiple riders on separate multiple occasions attempted similar ridiculous life threatening episodes ???????

What was very interesting is that there were plenty of other riders on less powerful bikes just plodding along............it seemed to be the sport bikes that were categorically attempting Harry Houdinis on every available occasion.

Why............maybe its the same reason why male dogs lick their ^%**$...........because they can............I dunno.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #36
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Small man syndrome.............
Old 13-01-2009, 12:05 AM   #37
woodsy109

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
Just to address your curiosity.......No one in front of the said bikes was driving unsafely or way below the speed limit to even remotely offer a twig of logic as to why batman attempted his stunt ???????

No bends in the roads either so no excuses there...........dead straight road with plenty of rises hence the double whites. Again, its the point that multiple riders on separate multiple occasions attempted similar ridiculous life threatening episodes ???????

What was very interesting is that there were plenty of other riders on less powerful bikes just plodding along............it seemed to be the sport bikes that were categorically attempting Harry Houdinis on every available occasion.

Why............maybe its the same reason why male dogs lick their ^%**$...........because they can............I dunno.
They're just straight line heroes. It is a bit like the car drivers that try to race you from the lights and fly past you once you have hit the speed limit. I ride a thou sportsbike and admit that I do occasionally overtake cars that are driving too slow (which could possibly be the speed limit). Generally though I know the roads well and wait for legal opportunities to pass rather than do it in an unsafe place.
woodsy109 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 12:21 AM   #38
Mark s
1.3 Litre Suzuki power

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowEL2XR8
I am a member of a couple of motorcycle forums even though I don't have a bike or a bike license. I joined those forums cause my brother owns a Ducati 1098S and they are a good bunch of people.
You are right however about them whinging about cars. However I haven't read a thread on those forums about them whinging went they weren't doing the wrong thing as well.
So is your brother in the minority of reponsible riders or is he in the majority as you claim most of us are?

Funny thing I stopped posting on most bike forums because I found many were just as ignorant as many car drivers.

People drive/ride like fools and are very quick to blame others, when in fact they may have been at fault. This seems to be a pretty common occurance today with road users (bikes and cars). I also guess these people are quick to complain about speed cameras and unmarked police cars.

I found your comment towards the majority of bike riders and attitudes, ignorant. The problem is across the board and not just related to one form of transport.

Mcnews is spot on, track days sort the men from the boys. I am no where good enough to be on the track, and I choose very carefully on where I open my bike up and it is pretty much where no one else is around and the roads are quiet. 20 odd years on the road, on bikes, cars, trucks, APC's with a clean records and no accidents.

EF 4lt 1995 in Green on LPG. To and from work hack.

XY Fairmont 1971 in Bronze Wine, 302, Top Loader, 9" Still trying to find out if she is a GS or plain jane Monty.

Mustang 1966 coupe, Silver frost, A code, C4, factory bench seat, A/C, P/S rally pac, AM radio with 8 track. Awaiting funds for resto.

K6 Hayabusa....Dead Stock and why would one need to spend thousands on mods.................
Mark s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 11:17 AM   #39
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Well said Mark.
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #40
Karnage
Finger Painter

Wow, what a thread! Ok yes there is a minority of idiots on bikes and in cars. On one hand we have the government, media etc sitting up on their high horses stating that "tho art street racing" and we the community must not accept it dob everyone in etc etc. On the other hand you have the government and developers closing down tracks and building residential estates next to existing ones.....

There are more cars and bikes on the road then ever, performance of said machines is at an all time high, the enthusist sector is growing.......where are they going to go when all the tracks are closed?
Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 03:45 PM   #41
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Gotta feel for you Queenslanders. At least they have opened up Lakeside again for trackdays haven't they?
Old 13-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #42
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark s
I am no where good enough to be on the track, and I choose very carefully on where I open my bike up and it is pretty much where no one else is around and the roads are quiet. 20 odd years on the road, on bikes, cars, trucks, APC's with a clean records and no accidents.

The track is where you learn to be good, everyone who owns a quick bike should give it a go, no cars or bad road surfaces to worry about the only limiting factor is the size of ones gonads :
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #43
Karnage
Finger Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
The track is where you learn to be good, everyone who owns a quick bike should give it a go, no cars or bad road surfaces to worry about the only limiting factor is the size of ones gonads :
Clearly you haven't ridden or driven at QR then

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Gotta feel for you Queenslanders. At least they have opened up Lakeside again for trackdays haven't they?
Not as yet from what I have heard. Last I heard the operator was asking for volunteers for a working bee to patch the track :
Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #44
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think some riders are in a hurry to make their own funerals. Me personally, I stick in the left lane (Except when overtaking), just under or on the speed limit and enjoy my 30k commute to and from work. No room for being a hero. Just out there enjoying the roads like everyone else.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #45
FTE72
Red is nice Mark.

Not as yet from what I have heard. Last I heard the operator was asking for volunteers for a working bee to patch the track :[/QUOTE]

Hi Jez,
Mate they had three or four events at Lakeside last year. She is up and running again now. Do not know about bikes, but cars are a goer.
First sprint round is 12th of March 09!
TE 50 #72 Blueprint & TS 50 #105 Blueprint
:
FTE72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 11:43 PM   #46
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow, a car driver having a whinge about motorcyclists.

If us bikers were to do the same, the whole first three pages of 'the pub' would be taken up.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 11:51 PM   #47
gtfpv
GT

i dont ride motor cycles . however from a car drivers point of veiw i'm sure the perspective and mobility of a bike would be totally differant to a car. so may seem rediculous to whatch , but entirely ok to the riders .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #48
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark s
So is your brother in the minority of reponsible riders or is he in the majority as you claim most of us are?

I found your comment towards the majority of bike riders and attitudes, ignorant. The problem is across the board and not just related to one form of transport.
My comment was based on what the authors said in their posts. They claim to be speeding and then had a whinge on a car that changed lanes in front of them. I wasn't guessing or accusing them of speeding they said it in their posts.

My comment on ESPs post was talking about the majority of the riders that day he saw, perhaps I should clarified that by saying "not that there is many of them in Healsville."

Don't assume so much.

As far as I can see there is more responsibile rider percentage on the roads as time goes by.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #49
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowEL2XR8
My comment was based on what the authors said in their posts. They claim to be speeding and then had a whinge on a car that changed lanes in front of them. I wasn't guessing or accusing them of speeding they said it in their posts.

My comment on ESPs post was talking about the majority of the riders that day he saw, perhaps I should clarified that by saying "not that there is many of them in Healsville."

Don't assume so much.

As far as I can see there is more responsibile rider percentage on the roads as time goes by.
WOW!! is it just my computer or did your response take 9+ months to upload... :

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2009, 11:23 PM   #50
zdcol71
zdcol71

Here's a thought... the majority of road users, and proportionately it does't matter if wer'e talking bike riders, car drivers, truckies, bus drivers... are self serving narcissists
Watch out for them all!!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #51
john3136

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletGT
I agree summer time and bikes... brings out the worst.... u know a good old fashion biker who sticks to the limits is when they have a hi vis vest on.... other then that the rest r krazy...
...It also takes a pretty conscientious / safe rider to wear full leathers on a 40 degree day...

<edit>typo</edit>
john3136 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post