Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-02-2005, 10:14 AM   #31
Thanatos
E-Series Owners Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
wonder how fast it actually ran N/A with the stupid trumpets?
It's in the video...

It's kinda hard to read, but it's either 13.93 or 13.83.

I think that's bloody good for an N/A 6 AUTO.

What's the quickest N/A 6 Auto Falcon getting around???
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 10:18 AM   #32
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He is using a tricked up auto though. Its got a high stall, shift kit, It looks like its manualised as well. I wish falcons came with an auto like that :(

Who cares what it is, its running 11's and on a budget.

If it was a shit EA running 11's no-one here would have a bad thing to say about it. My car looks like crap but I only get compliments from Gen 3 owners when I beat them.
Old 16-02-2005, 07:19 PM   #33
Thornie
Off smelting

hmm i wonder how much money we would have to build an 11sec ea if everyone on this forum chipped in 50 bucks i would be in it thats for sure
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 07:21 PM   #34
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My EB is pretty clapped out, who wants to buy me a new trans, slicks and more boost and a rebuild!
Old 16-02-2005, 07:30 PM   #35
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

I'll buy the boost not anything else though :P

Well done to the owner! And to the guy that said something along the lines of "..if there was an 11sec EA no-one would have a bad thing to say about it.." YOUR RIGHT!! True words they are. But what can you expect on a FORD forum. The whole fatf thing at the start was pretty ghey though.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH

Last edited by needfordspeed; 16-02-2005 at 07:32 PM.
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 08:15 PM   #36
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
He is using a tricked up auto though. Its got a high stall, shift kit, It looks like its manualised as well. I wish falcons came with an auto like that :(

Who cares what it is, its running 11's and on a budget.

If it was a shit EA running 11's no-one here would have a bad thing to say about it. My car looks like crap but I only get compliments from Gen 3 owners when I beat them.
If it was a EA in that ugly disgusting condition I still reckon the best place is trailering the ugly POS to Pick A Part. A nice clean XR8 takes my attention more than 11 sec POS's.
buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 08:43 PM   #37
FordFan86
meow

That clip was just ghey, nothing else to say but ghey ghey ghey
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 09:15 PM   #38
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Chop out the ghey, give us a full run at NORMAL speed and a real burnout ala yobboford!
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 10:26 PM   #39
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Impressive car, less than impressive video.
Reasonably quick.
2 things it has over a S1 ea.

1) Decent 1st gear
2) 200kg lighter!

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 12:34 PM   #40
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
What I think is really funny is that guys with the Turbo version of the same motor in a Buick in the states are running 9s..... 11.99? pffft. lol. what a shitter..... :P
wonder how fast it actually ran N/A with the stupid trumpets?
Actually, the LC2 V6 in the Buick Turbo Regal and Grand National is a very different engine to the V6 in the Commodore. The Commodore V6 is more closely associated to the Chevrolet Camaro's 3.8 V6.. which, as far as I know, is yet to break a 11 in the USA.

Last edited by Steffo; 17-02-2005 at 12:37 PM.
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 12:51 PM   #41
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

I guess his last words in the video add it all up. ;)
Olympus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 01:13 PM   #42
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I believe our own EB 6 on N20 EB turbo went 11.9 last night with a STANDARD engine except for a cam.
Old 17-02-2005, 04:58 PM   #43
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Actually, the LC2 V6 in the Buick Turbo Regal and Grand National is a very different engine to the V6 in the Commodore. The Commodore V6 is more closely associated to the Chevrolet Camaro's 3.8 V6.. which, as far as I know, is yet to break a 11 in the USA.
Okay, tell me how its "Very different"
Its the same POS 90degree 3.8 V6 as a VN. the Buicks pre-date the VN fer chrissake.
Gammaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 06:24 PM   #44
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
I believe our own EB 6 on N20 EB turbo went 11.9 last night with a STANDARD engine except for a cam.
Basically unopened?? That's just crazy!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 06:28 PM   #45
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Yeah pretty much unopened but ahhhhh it has a GT3540 strapped to the side:P Running something like 15 pound I think.......
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 07:00 PM   #46
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
My EB is pretty clapped out, who wants to buy me a new trans, slicks and more boost and a rebuild!
400 PEOPLE WITH $20 = $8000 surely we can get an EA MPFI into the 11s with the same looks and mods, being a crud box adds to the effect i reckon,
the VN vid was a dissapointment, it should have had proper runs with proper noise.

LETS GET DAN A REBUILT AUTO WITH HIGH STALL AND SLICKS might only cost $10 if we get 200 volunteers how quick should it be then pretty close to an 11????
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 07:16 PM   #47
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfordspeed
Yeah pretty much unopened but ahhhhh it has a GT3540 strapped to the side:P Running something like 15 pound I think.......
Hmm sounds familiar : :

I cant wait to get my high stall in and my retune!! Bring on heathcote I say!!

Last edited by dansedgli; 17-02-2005 at 07:27 PM.
dansedgli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 09:42 PM   #48
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Okay, tell me how its "Very different"
Its the same POS 90degree 3.8 V6 as a VN. the Buicks pre-date the VN fer chrissake.
About the only thing the LC2 (Turbo Regal, Grand National) and L67 (Chevrolet Camaro, Holden Commodore etc) share in common is that they are 3.8 litre 90° OHV 2v per cyl V6's. The LC2 was only ever available in three cars, IIRC, Buick Turbo Regal, Buick Grand National and Pontiac Turbo Trans Am. It has different cyl head, manifold, exhaust system (obviously, but hey), pistons, con-rods, stronger crank and block.. different head gasket, different cam... to name a few things. The reason no one bothers with the L67 even though it comes in a front engine rear drive format (Camaro, Commodore) is because of its inferiority to LC2 and the expense of making it perform half as good as an LC2. Everyone just goes straight for the V8.. or in the States.. if they want a V6.. LC2.
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2005, 01:28 PM   #49
oneredED
need more boost

Hmmm... i think it was a ****in great idea by the Street Commodore mag to do something like this. They took an absolute shitbox commodore, like many young people own, and tried every concieveable part in trying to make it quicker. They dyno tested everything (ie. heaps of intake setups etc) in various stages and then took it down the 1/4 to see real world differences. I like the fact they did it in stages for example under $1000 worth of mods, then $2500 and they gave their tested opinion on what setup gave best bang for buck. They even tested so much as to find the car ran quicker on 14" stockies than 15" stockies when the car was closer to standard. A 4.2l stroker kit was even on the cards at one stage but i'm not sure if it eventuated.

Sorry guys, i'll go hide now, but i have read a few street commodore mags (little brother owns a VP wagon and a VR sedan) and i found it an extremely infortmative and valuable guide for us when we modify his commodore crap. :P

/me runs away and hides
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2005, 11:12 PM   #50
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredED
Hmmm... i think it was a ****in great idea by the Street Commodore mag to do something like this. They took an absolute shitbox commodore, like many young people own, and tried every concieveable part in trying to make it quicker. They dyno tested everything (ie. heaps of intake setups etc) in various stages and then took it down the 1/4 to see real world differences. I like the fact they did it in stages for example under $1000 worth of mods, then $2500 and they gave their tested opinion on what setup gave best bang for buck. They even tested so much as to find the car ran quicker on 14" stockies than 15" stockies when the car was closer to standard. A 4.2l stroker kit was even on the cards at one stage but i'm not sure if it eventuated.

Sorry guys, i'll go hide now, but i have read a few street commodore mags (little brother owns a VP wagon and a VR sedan) and i found it an extremely infortmative and valuable guide for us when we modify his commodore crap. :P

/me runs away and hides
DITTO
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 09:35 PM   #51
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha, what a crack up. I googled something completely different on the web but somehow ended up finding this thread with a whole bunch of guys saying how crap my car is.

By popular demand here's some of the video's you wanted without music and without sped up footage. The original clip was put together for entertainment purposes but obviously you can't please everyone.

Anyway, for the whingers here some clips.

no intercooler and 7psi on pure street rubber

10.5 psi, intercooler, and pure street tyres

a bunch of mixed runs, 18Mb download

Now that I'm editor of a Ford magazine, I'd love to do a similiar project with a EB or something like that. An EA would be more in keeping with V6 Vengeance but I'm not that much of a suck for punishment. :

Trouble is the benchmarks have already been set, there are guys out there running tens on relatively mild 4-litres so for us to do something different we'd have to runs 9's.

The VN served it's purpose, it made people open their eyes to 6 cylinder performance (not just Commodore owners) with something other than a VL turbo. To me the beauty of V6 Vengeance was that we took a $800 box and made it into the ultimate street sleeper (ask the guy in the XR6turbo I cleaned up at 4 consecutive traffic lights) while not compromising it's streetability. Believe it or not I used to drive the car to work and back everyday (100km round trip) and it was my everyday driver, out on the highway it gets 700km to a tank (V8 tank) but it can rip off a 12.0 on street tyres.

I'd love to see someone do something similiar but quicker wth a EA-ED Falcon, it would be easy enough to do.
blownvn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2005, 10:05 AM   #52
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I like those vids, she certainly rips a nice skid. *Thumbs up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2005, 04:32 PM   #53
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep, full throttle in 1st or second is useless because it just goes up in smoke regardless of speed. Third gear is the gear for accelerating on the street and that plants you in the seat and the speedo heads into the "lock 'em up and throw away the key" zone in no time flat.

I'm thinking about upgrading the wifes car soon which would leave me holding the keys to a 6 cylinder EF Falcon sedan. How long do you think it would stay stock? :

Old 20-08-2005, 05:04 PM   #54
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm having trouble getting to the video's
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2005, 06:11 PM   #55
Barry_v
rocknrolla

i cant get them either
Barry_v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2005, 06:53 PM   #56
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

I wish i had that car....

Well done!!!!! :

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2005, 09:08 PM   #57
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_v
i cant get them either
I think the crappy Street Commodores server is down, happens all the time unfortunately. Give it a try every now and then, but if it's serious it probably wont be back up until their "IT" guys get in.
Old 21-08-2005, 02:30 PM   #58
EFFalcon
Last warning

It was deffinately a good project to follow..
the 12's with the turbo werent that impressive to me...
but 13 seconds n/a with an auto, i'd like to see that in an e-series!!!
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2005, 04:08 PM   #59
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
It was deffinately a good project to follow..
the 12's with the turbo werent that impressive to me...
but 13 seconds n/a with an auto, i'd like to see that in an e-series!!!

It actually went 11.9. It was the first turbo early V6 to do so (and the 5th V6 commodore to crack an 11 in australia). The other cars at the time were, a nitrous VN V6 (11.77), a single turbo ecotec (11.68), a supercharged V6 (factory style, 11.48), and a twin turbo/nitrous ecotec (10.4 or so). When you put things into perspective we didn't do to badly at all. We used the worse engine of the lot to do it with.

Brendan Mock has gone 13.4 with a naturally apsirated E-series which is a damn fine effort in my opinion. I reckon 12's are there for the asking in NA form but it'll have to be some elses dollars to take that one on.