Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 25-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #31
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Just goes to show that two head's arn't better than one. lol. sorry couldn't help myself.
Old 25-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #32
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I feel sorry for the poor girl who will have to live the rest of her life in the state the accident left her, that is horribly horribly sad.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 25-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #33
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Just goes to show that two head's arn't better than one. lol. sorry couldn't help myself.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
Old 25-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #34
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
I feel sorry for the poor girl who will have to live the rest of her life in the state the accident left her, that is horribly horribly sad.
I agree, everyone is making light of it and its bloody awful.

The guy obviously knew nothing about cars etc. People say education, but what class tells you that? Common sense is something that is gained through experience and unfortunately some dont get to learn from their mistakes.

When on my P's I used to clutch in down hills etc, did bugger all though.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 25-08-2009, 07:10 PM   #35
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnedout
Simply remarkable.......... There must be at least some truth to all those rumours about Taswegions!
That's just really poor form.

Hey fellar, go shove it fair up the kiber pass. This was a an absolute tragedy, one that's effected many people from southern Tasmania.

If stupidity is isolated to the southern island state, well, I must have missed something.

I am sick to death of nob heads, at every opportunity, hanging crap on the place Ive called home for 37 years.

One day, if you give yourself the opportunity, I am sure you would like what this place has to offer. But then again, after that comment of yours, I'm not so sure I'd like to live anywhere near you.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 25-08-2009, 07:11 PM   #36
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8

FFS, this just keeps getting better.

hang on, the damn swear filter edited what I actually called you, so here's another try

person with really really poor sense of what's appropriate to say about a death and disfigurement.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 25-08-2009, 07:27 PM   #37
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

This is a tragedy on so many levels. The driver's family, the passengers and their families. It is easy to sit here and pass judgment without knowing exactly what happened? maybe a little thought should be used before people start typing.
Old 25-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #38
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its all the rubbish they are fed on tv from aca, 60minutes, today tonight.... about turning your car off to save fuel but use 10x more starting it again

global warming, fuel prices going up, qlders being charged per km via tracking devices, rego going up....

its a tragic waste, and from what i read in the story he wasnt being a "hoon", whats even worse is the girl who will loose half her face, she will have to live with that for the rest of her life

i feel for them and their families

Quote:
"I am satisfied that it occurred in this instance not because the deceased was being foolhardy or irresponsible but rather because of his ignorance of its effect upon his capacity to manage the vehicle."
hmmmmmm....

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
Old 25-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #39
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

dammm why drive a car if u dont know the basic ins and outs of the car EG what would happen if i take the key out will the steering lock up what will happen
Old 25-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #40
Jeddak
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Will they have to put warning labels on cars that says 'do not remove key while driving'?
Actually they do already......its in the operator's handbook, y'know that little book in the glove box..maybe?? :
O5 / 05 SX TS RWD Winter White, Driving Lights, Flaps, Racks, Turbo Grille, Ghia Bumper Trims and tailgate chrome , Colour Coded Mirrors,Tint,h/d towbar and chrome tow ball ,Sy chrome Beltline molds , leather and chrome shifter and Ghia Leather bound steering wheel
Stainless steel number plate frames and shifter quadrant, leather arm rest
All reconditioned SZ front suspension now in place
Chrome door pull inserts with chrome inner latch handles done
Old 25-08-2009, 07:59 PM   #41
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

This thread is closed.

Nice to see that some people don't let tragedy get in the way of their sick and twisted sense(s) of humour.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread