Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: What is the go?
V8SC is dead, I will support the new formats 87 39.01%
FORD are nuts, V8SC is king, BMW will steal Ford's market share 14 6.28%
Meh, all motor racing is a circus 10 4.48%
Stuff Ford, I am defecting to Holden or BMW 3 1.35%
What a great idea, real racing in real cars, I hope Holden eventually join in as well 104 46.64%
I follow the drivers not the marques, it is all the same to me 5 2.24%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #91
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Group A Minimum requirement of homologation is 500 units...now, for a car to compete and deliver a spectacle that would mean something beyond a GT...but a price tag would be high...could ford sell 500 $100 000+ GT's?

Anyway...

What if a desision was made that ment that V8 supercars had to run production based engines, using factory developed perfirmance parts and that all aero kits and special bodypanels were to be made available to the public...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #92
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Guys.....

Remember this is just a hypothetical not real life. I made the whole thing up.

It is an event from an alternate universe (flappiverse) designed to stimulate conversation on what might be the result if this did infact actually happen.
Yeah we (or I )get it but it's just that this whole T8 incident has, I think; lit a rocket under otherwise subdued and timid observers.

My 'conversation' with 4Vman would be fairly indicative of the fact that not only me, but every person I know and speak motorsport to (and they must number more than 10 as that's all the fingers I got...) have had enough, and indeed have had enough for a while but this is just the straw that broke the camel's back. Guys I used to get together with JUST to go to "The Touring Cars" as they STILL CALL IT...could not be bothered now.

While I understand what is being said in regard to Parity, Sponsorships, multimedia budgets, technological advancements and so forth (and I agree with the sentiment to a degree) for me and my friends; it is, and has always been about brand and team loyalty. I was there in 77 when Alan and Colin crossed the line in a 1-2, I have watched this category evolve and mutate.

I could care less if FPR, T8, SBR or whoever are sponsored by Vodafone, Optus, Rocky and Bulwinkle, polar bears or the Pope...this musical chairs to chase the almighty sponsorship juggernaut dollar has unseeded and totally displaced the need for ANY form of loyalty. They are not loyal to us...so why should we be loyal to them.

I feel for DJR/FPR and the like as they will cop backsplatter indirectly because of this. I have always been a massive DJ fan since I shed a tear whilst watching The Rock incident unfold on TV and that had always signified Ford and Ford Support to me. Yay for the hard worker and underdog who is willing to do the HARD YARDS and EARN my loyalty and respect...not just buy it. I bought an XD Fairmont Ghia with a DJ spoiler kit on it because of that.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #93
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumXR
I could care less if FPR, T8, SBR or whoever are sponsored by Vodafone, Optus, Rocky and Bulwinkle, polar bears or the Pope...this musical chairs to chase the almighty sponsorship juggernaut dollar has unseeded and totally displaced the need for ANY form of loyalty. They are not loyal to us...so why should we be loyal to them.
Nail, head, whack!

Exactly my thinking, why bother with loyalty. Only I'm looking at it from the other angle, why stop watching just because the cars aren't the ones we see on the road or that teams shift brands and it's all about the money. Watch because you actually enjoy watching the racing..... not for the need to brag a particular brand of car won the race. Thats why I watch.

Dunno, seems this premise has been lost somewhat. I'm all for loyalties and wanting your team/manufacturer/driver to win but it's just too much hard work to be so heavily invested in who wins. I used to be and it just wore me out. It's just entertainment. Well that's my opinion anyway :

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2009, 06:47 PM   #94
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man
Nail, head, whack!

Exactly my thinking, why bother with loyalty. Only I'm looking at it from the other angle, why stop watching just because the cars aren't the ones we see on the road or that teams shift brands and it's all about the money. Watch because you actually enjoy watching the racing..... not for the need to brag a particular brand of car won the race. Thats why I watch.

Dunno, seems this premise has been lost somewhat. I'm all for loyalties and wanting your team/manufacturer/driver to win but it's just too much hard work to be so heavily invested in who wins. I used to be and it just wore me out. It's just entertainment. Well that's my opinion anyway :
Yeah I will concede that as a category unto itself I will probably, maybe have the TV on in the background as it is still motorsport, as I have admitted elsewhere on this forum. Any motorsport that get's TV coverage is good, as far as I am concerned.

No way I am going to turn up to a race or go out of my way to record or watch anymore though. I've had it. Funnily enough though, I like watching NASCAR as well.

But I better stop now before I type something I might regret.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post