Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 21-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
lou076
Starter Motor

Default Anyone a KA owner?

Im looking for some parts for my KA? And mechanic in Perth whos familiar with working on them? There few and far between here and noone seems to know much about the problems they encounter??? Im having problems with Idle control, car revs it gutts out when foot on clutch????

lou076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What about your local Ford dealer?
Old 08-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
small_ford
Starter Motor

Engine flaring is a common problem with the Endura engine. Ford issued Technical Service Bulletin:
from www.honestjohn.co.uk:

Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 095/200 entitled 'Engine Idle Flare during Gear Changes' involves replacement of throttle position sensor (FPS) and wiring to it. Looks as though it is simply replaced and the wires splied to the existing loom.

A Ford dealer should be able to access the above TSB and permantently fix the problem.
small_ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2009, 11:09 PM   #4
Surditas
Starter Motor

Sorry, this is a bugbear of mine. It's not a "KA", it's a "Ka" (pronounced "cahr"). It was named that because Jac Nasser was president of Ford Europe at the car's release and the joke was "ka" is how Australians pronounce "car".

Yes, I do need to get out more, but if owners can't get it right then who will?

The Ka is a fabulous little gem which is highly underated in Australia and getting its name wrong just adds to the insult.
Surditas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2009, 11:25 PM   #5
SlyClone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou076
Im looking for some parts for my KA? And mechanic in Perth whos familiar with working on them? There few and far between here and noone seems to know much about the problems they encounter??? Im having problems with Idle control, car revs it gutts out when foot on clutch????
If you have no luck at a Ford dealer (although I couldnt see why) maybe you could try to find a pommy mechanic? I know that the Ka is a popular little car in the UK.

Might be worth posting on

www.pomsinoz.com
SlyClone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post