Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
xtreme
V8 Addict

Default pulled over for excessively speeding - but wasnt speeding - the results....

hey guys, i posted up a while ago about being pulled over by an angry officer who accused me of doing 25k's over the speed limit...he told me i would cop the fine in the mail.

Anyway, i can happily say that i havnt recieved anything, and it has been well over a month.

My Collection:

The WEEKENDER:
1968 XT Fairmont (GT rep) - 351 clevo, pacemakers, 2.5" twin system, C10 auto, 2500 Hi-Stall, 3.45:1 LSD, 198 rwkw

The DAILY:
2003 BA GT, Citric Acid, exhaust, headers, cold air intake, 248 rwkw
xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
Paddyboy

thats good mate. Sometimes they threaten just give you a scare or if they've had a bad day. The thing that sucks is that while I respect Police and what they do, there are some cops who just take their anger out on innocent civilians, sure if someone was speeding or did the wrong thing give them a fine, but dont be a smart *** about it, ive been pulled over about 5 times in 8 years and each one I respected the cop and didnt give any smart *** excuses why I was doing 10 over the limit, but at least 3 or 4 occasions the cop has been a smart *** or angry and threatened me with fines, like one said my car was illegally low but it was the standard ride height from factory but it was loaded with furniture as I was moving, just wished cops did their job and not let a bad day ruin someone elses.
Old 25-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

dont count your chickens before they hatch, you have upto a year before you get it just like a summons.
i got shafted 11 months after i got pulled over for speeding.
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #4
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by yift
dont count your chickens before they hatch, you have upto a year before you get it just like a summons.
+1 I've been done (albeit by a speed camera) 12 months after the fact.
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
jonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
+1 I've been done (albeit by a speed camera) 12 months after the fact.
Which makes it invalid anyway. They've only got 12 months to prosecute in court so if you delay, it's easy to get to the expiry date.
jonk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
Micksxboxmods
BF FPV GT-P Goodness.....

6 months for a traffic offence I think you will find.
Micksxboxmods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #7
Hemicuda
IH8TOG

Probably a detective, who has dismally failed to prosecute someone after spending too much time and resources on a case, and has been recently demoted to traffic duty. Pee'd off at his job, life and world he, unfortunately for you, vented his frustration in the only way he can. That's alright, it is human nature and understandable, just hard to take when you are on the receiving end. He probably has a family with commitments and pressures like the rest of us so put yourself in his position and try to sympathize with him. You will be a better human being for it and you will get over it easier. (ie: if you eventually receive a fine.) Chances are the cop has calmed down a bit and hasn't processed the fine anyway and i hope it works out well for you. I too find that some traffic cops have overly aggressive attitudes brimming with authority issues whilst divisional cops are much nicer, happier and more pleasurable to deal with.
Hemicuda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #8
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I posted in that same thread about my supposed ticket getting mailed to me for not having my license on me, we'll i have still not recieved it either, i get the feeling im in the clear.

Quote:
Probably a detective, who has dismally failed to prosecute someone after spending too much time and resources on a case, and has been recently demoted to traffic duty. Pee'd off at his job, life and world he, unfortunately for you, vented his frustration in the only way he can. That's alright, it is human nature and understandable, just hard to take when you are on the receiving end. He probably has a family with commitments and pressures like the rest of us so put yourself in his position and try to sympathize with him. You will be a better human being for it and you will get over it easier. (ie: if you eventually receive a fine.) Chances are the cop has calmed down a bit and hasn't processed the fine anyway and i hope it works out well for you. I too find that some traffic cops have overly aggressive attitudes brimming with authority issues whilst divisional cops are much nicer, happier and more pleasurable to deal with.
No offence, but thats a load of crap.
If he failed at his own job thats no excuse to be wrongfully making other peoples lives harder.
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #9
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yift
I can vouch for that, i got done doing 54kph over the limit and it took 6mths to get my suspension notice
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 02:43 AM   #10
McLovin'
"The Irish R&B singer"

Always dispute it and elect to have your case heard in court (costs $50). The officer involved must appear as a witness and most of the time they are to busy to attend, or they realise that they have no evidence what-so-ever and don't turn up.

Giving out BS infringement notices because they have authority issues or are having a bad day is a low act, and the fact that most people will just cop it on the chin without a fight only encourages that sort of behavior.

If you were not speeding then fight it. Dont make it easy for them!
Old 26-05-2009, 06:25 AM   #11
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

dont know what state your in, but any time i have copped a fine, its been on the spot if they pull me up. and if they say your speeding, you have the right to ask to see the speed gun and readout they have to say you were speeding. as has been said, speak nicely and politley to the officer regardless of how they are reacting and more often then not they will go easy on you. another good thing is to tell them the truth and not make excusses. its just common sense and curtisy. just remeber, they are only doing their job and trying to make a living too, just like you.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #12
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2sw
and if they say your speeding, you have the right to ask to see the speed gun and readout they have to say you were speeding
...and they have the right to say no.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #13
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
...and they have the right to say no.
Why would they though? If they have a reading, what do they have to hide?

Both times I've been caught, they have offered to show me but I knew that the alleged speed was correct so I didn't bother.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post