Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #1
Wally
XP Coupe

Default Beware the Bait on Logan Motorway

Two occasions now:

Loud V8 maroon H series Holden that speeds up and slows down to encourage a race. Has an accomplice in a small Jap car trailing behind. They get fed up if you don't take the bait, tramp ahead and pull over to the side in wait for another potential suiter.

Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bait? as in ah what would you call that police catching racers out hehe...

Felcen!
samftr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Two occasions now:

Loud V8 maroon H series Holden that speeds up and slows down to encourage a race. Has an accomplice in a small Jap car trailing behind. They get fed up if you don't take the bait, tramp ahead and pull over to the side in wait for another potential suiter.
Video it and send it to channel 9, the would just love to wop it up captain bligh
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #4
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Or youtube.. Ch ch boom ..
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #5
Wally
XP Coupe

Not sure if it's anything to do with police, but anyone driving the Motorway knows there are so many reduction zones, because of roadworks, chances are they could just be getting their jollies trying to get others caught.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 09:53 PM   #6
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Not sure if it's anything to do with police, but anyone driving the Motorway knows there are so many reduction zones, because of roadworks, chances are they could just be getting their jollies trying to get others caught.
$223 and 3 points... 70 in a 40 zone...
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

After a patient 2 years...
Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!
XRSIKS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 11:20 PM   #7
AUIIForte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNBXR
$223 and 3 points... 70 in a 40 zone...
That's not bad. I was doing 100km/h in an 80 zone and got $223 fine and lost 6 points. But of course, it was a public holiday. It was around 4:30am, on my way to work. For anybody who lives in Canberra, it was on the Monaro highway just before the new jail that's being built.

I just thought it was bloody ridiculous. The 100km/h postage sign was about 30 meters in front of me.
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 11:46 PM   #8
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIForte
That's not bad. I was doing 100km/h in an 80 zone and got $223 fine and lost 6 points. But of course, it was a public holiday. It was around 4:30am, on my way to work. For anybody who lives in Canberra, it was on the Monaro highway just before the new jail that's being built.

I just thought it was bloody ridiculous. The 100km/h postage sign was about 30 meters in front of me.
Unlucky mate, that whole road should be 100km/h. Most of our 80km/h roads could be 100 zones actually :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 01:55 AM   #9
fastlane
In here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
Or youtube.. Ch ch boom ..

Chk Chk BOOM!
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 06:38 AM   #10
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIForte

This was at 6:30am on my way home from work, cruise control... stupid construction zones *shakes fists*
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

After a patient 2 years...
Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!
XRSIKS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post