Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-08-2005, 05:30 PM   #1
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Do these exist?

Howdy folks, I just bought a cheapo MP3 players off trademe.co.nz ($75 for 256mb player). I'm sure many of you have heard of the iTrip, a device you can plug into an iPod that broadcasts your songs onto FM frequencies so you can play it through any radio within range. Does anyone know if these exist for ordinary MP3 players, for example that plug into the headphone jack? I can't imagine them being too hard to make or expensive, all it would need is a modulator for the audio input and an antenna. Anyone know where I can get one?

Also on a side note, I noticed the MP3 player I bought is capable of displaying the lyrics on the screen. I just had a crack at trying to make some synchronised lyrics with Media Player 10 and it was a friggen nightmare. Are there any websites that distribute pre-made synchrnised lyrics? I did a google search and found nothing useful.

Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 05:40 PM   #2
megsy
Undergraduate EB Operator

as for your first question i have a FM transmitter that plugs into my MP3 player, works quite well too. i picked that up from sanity for $25 it's range is only about 5 meters though and it works on 3 different frequencies, 88.2, 88.5 and 88.9 this is selectable so you dont interfere with any local radio stations
-----------------------
megsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 05:52 PM   #3
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

eBay usually has loads of them..

Try searching for "mp3 transmitter" or something

HERES SOME
Old 08-08-2005, 05:53 PM   #4
98AUXR6

Places like jaycar, Dick Smith and Tandy and I am sure manu other sell transmitters that plug into most MP3 players and act like itrip
98AUXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 05:59 PM   #5
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Belkin make one too, plugs into the headphone of any MP3, Ipod etc and can be set to any frequency. I got mine from WOW sight and sound. Should be easy to find.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:12 PM   #6
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool, just had a look on trademe, a search for FM MP3 transmitter turned up heaps of results and they're as cheap as chips too. Thanks guys.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 08:45 PM   #7
rob_o

Also try Jaycar if you have that in NZ. My gf got her transmitter from there.
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post