Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 27-07-2005, 12:57 PM   #1
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Launching

Just wanted to know what you guys do when launching your car from the traffic lights if your keen for a bit of a run against someone :P

mines is pretty much rev up to 3 thousand and come off the clutch pretty quickly, chirps the wheels a little and im off.

Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 01:43 PM   #2
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I find that anything about 2.5K RPM will do nothing but lead to a massive burn out.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 01:54 PM   #3
BJ
Banned

Are you saying that you condone street racing?? and that you think it is alwrite to do so are you.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 02:43 PM   #4
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

I dont call that street racing for starters and as long as u dont keep accelerating to ridiculous speeds then i dont think its too dangerous. I like getting the bragging rights for beating someone off the mark :SaiyanSmi !!Just get to speed limit(sometimes over a lil...my bad) and then slow down no need to go tearin round streets as fast as u can. Just nice starts is all and i agree that anything over 2.5 causes too much wheel spin :
chown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 03:15 PM   #5
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Well concidering i have an auto i either, just have it in D with no revs, or foot on brake and rev to 3000 or untill the car starts moving a little forward and let go. i usually get some wheel spin if in on an incline.

I usually assess the other person, ie car and if he is interested, before i do anything and check for pigs, but never go above the speed limit there is no need.

I heard that you can get pulled over if u appear to be trying to race, not to sure if its bull tho.

Ive had my fair share of players, but usually i bite off more than i can chew ie Fez VS XR6 but usually i have the nuggets covered except for the Renult megane 255 turbo that is a complete sleeper till she chopped me.
Old 27-07-2005, 03:37 PM   #6
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chown
I like getting the bragging rights for beating someone off the mark
Ahh...riceboy racing? :

Dare I say no car will be the same to launch and it will depend greatly on your style of driving, tire choice, clutch choice, launching surface etc etc.
Old 27-07-2005, 04:34 PM   #7
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
I heard that you can get pulled over if u appear to be trying to race, not to sure if its bull tho.
Its true. I know someone who got pulled up even though he didnt get past 60km/h. Booked him for organize,promote, or participate in illegal racing and speeding even though he wasnt. Also searched his car which was a bit over the top. He wanted to take it to court but the cops couldnt get any evidence so they dropped it.

So yes you can and it has been done. Its really stupid though. I mean how many women drivers do i see driving Clubbies and XRs who put the foot down off the lights and dont get booked. Usually only when you got a hot import or modded muscle they will give you hassles for.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 04:35 PM   #8
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

I just like getting ahead of the traffic. Less idiots to side swipe you, run into the back of you, jam on the brakes in front of you, or change lanes when not looking.

Accelerate hard, and then clear open road around you
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 05:18 PM   #9
Danny
GT4.

Havent Dragged My fiesta enough to know yet really, Most of the cars that the fiesta will beat are usually driven by uninterested women or old guys who wont accept you invite to drag......

I dragged my mates N16 Pulsar Q and munched him, I dragged a mates SP20 Mazda 2.0 litre and lost (My front bumper was level with his rear bumper at 100). I dragged a NL fairlane and beat that hahaha, heavy car...
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 07:06 PM   #10
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol im on auto like mista ><" ill only beat them off the mark if i want to get into their lane so i can turn off at the next two or so streets ^^

that and if its another p plater looking at me XD windows up and let him stare through the window tints =)
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2005, 06:21 AM   #11
RedStar71

Yeah I usually dial up 3000 rpm and then drop the clutch. It depends on how fast you come off the clutch as to how much spin you get. When I first got the car I spun the wheels at about 4000rpm racing a mate off the lights. Now I know what I am doing I can race most guys off the line and keep up, don't always win, it is only 74kw! That said I only race up till the speed limit and then back off. I just like to take off and see most of the traffic way behind me when I get to the speed limit. Full on street racing is not smart at all.

Jason
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2005, 05:15 PM   #12
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

haha dan not even a ricer lol...like beatin my mates and seein traffic in the rear view. got my mates 97 liberty and 01 camry covered;)
chown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post