Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-12-2008, 11:14 AM   #31
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

If he had some talent I might have been entertained, but on viewing the video I nearly fell asleep...

I have videos up on the net of 200+ km/h monos but at least I am smart enough to only post videos that are not on public roads.
Old 31-12-2008, 11:51 AM   #32
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah i must say it was some pretty riding, what a wannabe ghost rider
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 12:35 PM   #33
Luke3000

Go the police!!
But truly, what kind of d!@# does that
Luke3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 01:40 PM   #34
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Why commit a crime and then film it. Thats about as dumb as it gets.

A few months ago there was a guy in the local paper who filmed himself doing burnouts and fishtails in a local street, and he posted the video on Youtube number plates and all, even a shot of his face while he was doing it. Cops saw it, went round to his house and was charged on a number of counts. Stupidity at its finest.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #35
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
Could he claim that he photoshopped the vid??
As long as he hasn't made admissions he can beat the charges. Look at the "evidence"
Unedited footage
edited footage
a bike the same as in the footage

What they don't have is a way to link him to the riding. Footage alone is not enough to convict anyone of an offence.
devilcv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #36
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by myts
Dumb a$$

However, did you notice the number plate was pixilated?

The Police must have traced this back via YouTube and the ISP. So watch out any would be you tubers.
I can't see YouTube or any ISP freely giving that information out over what is typically a minor offence.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 03:23 PM   #37
Marduk
BFII XR6

They just put 2 and 2 together. He had a myspace account under the same name and it had a picture of him his bike his rego & screengrabs from the video. Wasn't that hard to track him down.
Old 31-12-2008, 03:29 PM   #38
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

If he keeps his mouth shut and gets a decent lawyer he can probably still get off it.
Old 31-12-2008, 04:05 PM   #39
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

I think he's already proved he's stupid and likes to brag.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 05:10 PM   #40
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

What a knob, really deserves all he gets.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:31 PM   #41
GSfalcon500

This kind of thing just makes me wonder what the moderators on this forum would do if the authorities come to them asking for information on a member for car modifications like new non standard exhaust or wider/bigger than legal wheels/tires and so on.
GSfalcon500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 03:38 PM   #42
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pretty stupid to reach those speeds anywhere, esspecially a 60km/h zone..

Other then that its a pretty well edited video..

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 03:44 PM   #43
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wacthing the video, I think I drove around that area when I visited, or i drove around an area very very similar.

Now i know the area... Thats just stupid! Weaving in and out of traffic is just stupid, but at those speeds is just nuts!

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #44
xr6turbo2005
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
If he keeps his mouth shut and gets a decent lawyer he can probably still get off it.
maybe so, but will he learn anything from it ????

its one thing being out on an open road with no other traffic about doing speeds up to 230kms but to be doing that around city streets with others about is just irresponsible and no respect for others.

i could go on about all the "what if's" but what if the back tyre slipped on the white road paint, he then slams into the side of a car and serious injures someone. That perosn may end up a quadapelgic, which would be worse then being killed IMO.

2008 FPV GT - Auto, Seduce Red, Leather Interior, Herrod Performance Air Box with K&N Pod Filter.

2018 4WD Everest Trend - Blue Reflex.
xr6turbo2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #45
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Also they could use the distances between the lines or things along the road to say to get from point A to point B in X amount of time he must have been doing Y kilometres kinda thing like they do with the Helicopter speed readings.

All I can say is I am glad he is not from VIC lol
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 06:07 PM   #46
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just curious . Say the police have no doubt it his bike. If he said it was not him riding it can he still be charged without evidense
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 06:23 PM   #47
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've spoken to a few P Platers recently and 1 L Plater who are riding R1's & CBR1000's. I asked how are they getting away with it? Not displaying their plates and choosing the times carefully they ride their bikes i.e not during double demerit periods when the police presence is greater on the roads. There was also 1 guy selling his bike on Bikesales, and he says he learn't the hard way and not being licenced to ride his R1.

I assume the penalties are harsh. Simply ignoring the rules is a little crazy. Why would you even take the risk? 12 months is not a long time to wait. And I'm sure losing your licence and having to go through it all over again would be more trouble than its worth.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2009, 12:30 AM   #48
XY GS

This reminds me of a guy in France who did a similar thing. The police showed up for something unrelated and when he opened the door and saw them he asked if they were there about the youtube video. They didn't know what he was talking about, but went and looked up the video. I can't remember what happened to him though. It was around 5-6 months ago I think.
XY GS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2009, 03:20 AM   #49
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSfalcon500
This kind of thing just makes me wonder what the moderators on this forum would do if the authorities come to them asking for information on a member for car modifications like new non standard exhaust or wider/bigger than legal wheels/tires and so on.
The police will not bother with the mountains of paperwork and court orders for the information over vehicle modifications, not worth it. When it comes to a criminal offence or major traffic offence that has endangered public safety, they can and do. In this case they did not need to go through Youtube admin and his ISP as this one is not that smart. They just found his rego. Many police authorities have however successfully prosecuted offences on youtube, sometimes compelling youtube to provide member details.

If someone on this forum was to post a video, photo, statement etc of an offence, the police can order the admin of this forum to provide the member details. Lets not forget it is a crime to intentionally withold information regarding a crime. I would bet my last dollar AFF admin would not hesitate in giving the details of a person who did such a mind numbing stupid thing rather than finding their own butts being dragged through court.
Old 19-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #50
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilcv8
As long as he hasn't made admissions he can beat the charges. Look at the "evidence"
Unedited footage
edited footage
a bike the same as in the footage

What they don't have is a way to link him to the riding. Footage alone is not enough to convict anyone of an offence.
I believe that when they searched his house they found unedited footage on his camera and computer, so combined with everything else I'd say the evidence was overwhelming.

The more losers like this that get locked up the better and off our roads. In Perth about 2 years ago some dropkick was doing a mono at night for several hundred metres and someone pulled out in front of him, another dead stupid biker. Why? because his headlight was in the air and the driver that pulled out couldn't see him.
Don't bag me about bikers I used to ride for a long time but gave it away because it was too dangerous and I found myself doing silly things but nothing like this, and having kids always make yopu think twice
Old 20-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #51
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Kids' a BELTER

Live And Learn.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post