Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 05-11-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
DragonMesh

Default colour coding

im getting my back bumper repaired tmro and while its being done i want to get them to colour code the plastic stripping on the back like it is on the lx... im also wondering with the side protection moulds on the doors, can these be removed like on the new focus... i lifted the corner and there is just reallllly sticky crap behind it holding it on from what i see?

DragonMesh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #2
BlackLS
yum

Side strips are held on by essentially double sided tape, rear grey plastic can be removed and painted separately.

Make sure you get some pics once done

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
DragonMesh

cheers for the reply BlackLS, i started taking them off however they have huge guide holes in the door as well... looks like i'll have to buy primed ones. Just had a guy from Chips Adelaide out to fix some damage to my back bumper, perfect job! he said he could paint the existing moulds however he wasnt too sure about how the paint would stick to them :(
Old 10-11-2008, 06:31 PM   #4
DragonMesh

ok so i went into ford to see about getting primed smooth side and rear strips for the rear they wanted almost $200 and for the sides it was about $300! then i would have to get them painted also. I went to a crash repair shop and they quoted me $250 to remove my current ones, make them smooth prime then paint them! think i'll be doing that i'll get some before after shots
Old 10-11-2008, 09:40 PM   #5
Mullett
Badly Focused

I'd be keen to know how you go, my car doesn't have the side strips...but the back thing is still annoying, as are the door handles. Probably won't be able to paint them though, they're such a high-wear item.

-RM.

93 GSR/Evo3...too much to mention, 12.2sec 1/4, FOR SALE!

*Maybe we don't try putting holes in things that sink, yeah?*
Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2008, 01:04 AM   #6
DragonMesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullett
I'd be keen to know how you go, my car doesn't have the side strips...but the back thing is still annoying, as are the door handles. Probably won't be able to paint them though, they're such a high-wear item.

-RM.
i've seen some chrome plated door handles somewhere but they prob are just cheap and crappy... dunno what it would look like against my silver car too. Might give it them a try can always change back
Old 11-11-2008, 06:34 PM   #7
Turbodiesel
Torquer

I actually had the side strips painted and added to my LT, I hate door bangers...
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post