Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-07-2005, 10:50 PM   #61
chief
FTF Club Moderator

If you are a p plater cop and you are driving a cop car then you do not need to display the p plates.

On the northern beaches there is a comby van with surfboards on the roof that is an under cover cop car.
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 03:03 AM   #62
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not even extra antennas, if u see a ba with an antenna where the radio usually is its a cop, seeing ba's dont have external radio antennas
Sprint_ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 01:43 PM   #63
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

usually dark coloured XT's, lowered with silver steelies and a phone antenna. And the HWP cars are usually dark coloured or silver SS's, XR8's and XR6 turbo's.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 01:43 PM   #64
Aussie Pete

Remember Michael Costa when he became Police Minister. He said 'o more unmarked cars - we will have a visible Police force'. Or words to that effect. Liar liar pants on fire. I had a nice encounter with a couple of lads from Task Force Gain in a green VY SS with green P Plates (see, they do care about their metrosexual looks) who wrote out a bunch of tickets for my benefit. They only got me on one when we arrived at court. Amazing how simple these people are - couldn't get their story right to save their lives.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 01:45 PM   #65
Aussie Pete

I will wear a clown suit to work if and when a Plod writes Harold Scruby any ticket of any description. I'll wear it for a week if they get the guy off the road for a big offence such as 12 demerits - especially if it's from some of his own collusionary laws he developed when in bed with Carl Scully (don't ask me who's taking it from whom - poofters).
Old 04-07-2005, 06:21 PM   #66
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Easy put your foot down hard on the accelator and if they chase you and flash there lights you know you are in trouble. But seriously no tow bar, no slim line plates, late model Ford or Holden, tinted windows and antennas and I think its a unmarked car. This only applies to Vic thought as I know its different in other states. As far as Cameras go any car that sits at the side of the road I think its a camera, and even if you don't think you are speeding it always pays to check your speed, especially in vic (3K over is a fine)

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2005, 02:50 AM   #67
Street Sleeper

No hubcaps, tyres slightly larger than the rims (1 inch bigger), if it's a commo often the bumpers won't be colour coded. In NQLD they do have antennas. Usually covered in dust.
Street Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2005, 05:35 PM   #68
Aussie Pete

Easiest spot. Driver is balding, fat, lazy, eating a donut or hungry jacks, and has a scar from the labotomy where all sense and reasoning was removed. I used to think there were exceptions but in Victoria the TMU are truly dumb and ridiculously focussed on revenue.

The recent article in Melbourne showing cops fining jaywalkers $51 by the hundreds while a drug deal went on 100m down the road says it all.

Iraq probably has a better government than we do. If it was up to VicPol Dougie Woods would be a skeleton before they found him.