Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default Ford forums petrol price watch

I have been thinking about this for a while. In my travels around Sydney I see big variances in fuel prices. For example in my area on Woddville Road the are 2 Caltex stations. One is across the road from Macdonalds on the rght as you come from Parramatta and 7 blocks farther down Woodville Road on the left as you travel towards Guildford there is another. The Caltex in Guildford is always 2 cents or more expensive than the Macca Caltex. I think in my days travels that it would nnot hurt to report to my forum mates the price differences and where we can get better fuel prices,the time and where.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
podderick
Starter Motor

i use this site that you can get prices for the different types of fuels
http://motormouth.com.au/default_fl.aspx
podderick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #3
Cooper69S

won't the gov't fuelwatch do this for you? I've been getting an email every afternoon since October 2000 with fuel prices for the next day in the areas where I drive - gives me a chance to fill up today if its going up tomorrow.

BTW don't listen to all the anti-fuelwatch stuff you get in the media. I saw a thing the other day where they were saying WA had the highest prices in the country that day. The thing is our price cycle here is different - it usually goes up around monday/tuesday and drops back down toward the weekend, so you can't accurately compare prices on a single day between here or elsewhere in the country...
Cooper69S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 03:07 AM   #4
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

Mobile in my area of Victoria is always more expensive!! Yet, safeway and coles seem to be the cheapest. I know that people say that the dockets from Coles / Safeway aren't worth it, but if you're going to shop there, and can save some money on fuel then it must be??

I mean, if BP has fuel for say, $1.60 and Coles for $1.56, then you'd go there.

Did that make any sense at all??

IMPCO LPG Vapour Injection.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Collonite #845 Insulator Wax
Bowden's Own Happy Ending & Fully Slick
Chemtech CT-18 Truck Wash (Wheels & Chassis)
Bowden's Own Wheely Clean & Tyre Sheen
Bowden's Own Three Way Paint Decontamination Spray

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Full Synthetic 10w-40
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

My Instagram Account: @ba_falcon2003
BA-XT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 03:11 AM   #5
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can get the lowest priced stations on RACV's Website too.

But really who cares. Why not have it on here? It's not like it's harming anything.
Old 16-06-2008, 06:52 AM   #6
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_BA2003
Mobile in my area of Victoria is always more expensive!! Yet, safeway and coles seem to be the cheapest. I know that people say that the dockets from Coles / Safeway aren't worth it, but if you're going to shop there, and can save some money on fuel then it must be??

Don't know what it's like where you live but in Sydney, you'll see clowns queueing for at least an hour at a Shell or Woolies subsidised 4c litre off fuel station throughout a Tuesday.

So given the choice of filling up for $1.60 with no queue or $1.56 and waiting an extrodinarily long time, I'll take the $1.60 thanks. $2.00 saving isn't worth queueing like a droid for an hour.

If it was that much of a concern, BP have a deal with Citibank (?) for a Mastercard that gives you 5% off petrol. By my reckoning, that's about an 8c a litre saving right there. (I just haven't been stuffed filling out the form yet).
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 08:57 AM   #7
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_BA2003

You're not really saving anything anyway as they chuck the food prices up to cover the cost of the deal..Shell/Coles up here have a deal now where if you have a coles docket and then spend $2.50 (or something like that) in shop you can get 8c/L off.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 09:59 AM   #8
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i saw some for 1.57 today
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 10:51 AM   #9
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

St Ives in sydneys north is usually the cheapest around the northern suburbs area. St Ives caltex is usually 4c cheaper then petto stations around horsnby, pennant hills etc. Turramurra is sometimes even cheaper and usuually doesnt go up in price til wednesday night/thursday morning instead of the usual wednesday morning hike
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 12:56 PM   #10
phoenix99

My parents have one of the coles source mastercard things, and that saves me 8c a litre off one of those coles 4c coupons as well. That can save nearly $6 off a full tank.
phoenix99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 01:55 PM   #11
GJB XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper69S
won't the gov't fuelwatch do this for you? I've been getting an email every afternoon since October 2000 with fuel prices for the next day in the areas where I drive - gives me a chance to fill up today if its going up tomorrow.
Only WA has this fuelwatch system that will give you the daily emails.
Old 16-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #12
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Here is the Fuel watch website.

I've used it a couple of times, although one time I got the address of a servo nearby with the best price of fuel, typed it into the Sat Nav and it took me to a block of commercial units. So it seems there are a few flaws in the system.

Otherwise it is a good system.
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post