Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-05-2008, 03:09 AM   #1
kice
STD GT3576R at is limit!

Default Whistler Pro 78 // WA Settings

I am just after some settings which I should use for my detector so it cuts out some of the false alarms. I think I am using bands which are not even used in AU.

I imported my lazer from the US but I dont think its any different from the AU version I just need to do the settings.

anyone got the same detector that can run me threw the settings or tell me where i can get the settings programmed

or point me to material outlining which freq are used and which are not

kice is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #2
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

you definatly dont need x band enabled, that isn't used over here. leave k band on as even though it goes off at electronic doors etc, its used but the car mounted radars.

not sure on settings for a whistler, mine is a bel. it may have a "city" setting which should stop some false alarms.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:56 PM   #3
perthxr6t
PERTHXR6T

Turn X band off and leave it on HWY mode. Go to www.radardetectors.com and your model will be in there and also an address of the bloke that can set it up for you as he has a shop in Morley somewhere i think.

I have one of those units and they are pretty good around town and on the HWY. Just a couple of things to remember about this unit.

1. Your detector will only pick up the hand held lazer once it is pointed at your car so if your speeding your history!

2. It will pick up the radar from an unmarked car on the open HWY from 3 plus k's away and corners and hills don't bother this unit it works really well on the open road.

3. If there is a couple of cars in front of you and a Multinova is around it will pick it up no worries from 100 meters and 360 degrees but if your on your own and no other cars around you have a couple of seconds to react and slow down.

4. It does pick up a lot of signals on K band usually the bloody BP garage and Shell etc etc and the signal will go straight to 6-7 but normally the signal is quite low if it picks up something else so i know no cops are around. It's easy to work out if there is any unmarked cars around as the signal will start off low and work its way up to 9 as you get closer to the cops.

Panther Black XR5T Mondeo
Sunroof
BlueTooth
Mods So Far

Air Box Mod
Lowered Eibach Springs 25mm
Alloy foot Pedals
Waiting for the Edit to come
Custom Cat Back Zorst
perthxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 04:05 PM   #4
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR06T
you definatly dont need x band enabled, that isn't used over here. leave k band on as even though it goes off at electronic doors etc, its used but the car mounted radars.

not sure on settings for a whistler, mine is a bel. it may have a "city" setting which should stop some false alarms.
Hi ive got a bel ,the latest one and have the same problem with the electric doors anyway of setting it up too stop that?