Default A fight brewing on GT site

http://www.falcongtclub.org/ViewMess...essageID=42508
Mint GT mocked by GT Purist
Good to see the pasion is alive! :jab:
fatxagt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 11:39 PM   #2
XA_GT351
Supreme Machine!

Why did he buy street machine anyway, hoping he would find some bog stock GT's in there?

1960 FB Holden Wagon, Yellow, 192, 4spd,

My XA Build-Up
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...&page=10&pp=25
XA_GT351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 10:08 AM   #3
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Just proves what ****ers are out there the car in question is prbarly not no 1 on my list but it just goes to show why there is a gt club so all these ****ers have somewhere to gather talk and be alone with each other Cant wait to see what his car turns out like it might be so good he will never drive it

This is the mentality of some GT owners some times mockers are better than a real one and everyman or womans car is there own pride and joy
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 12:48 PM   #4
Walkinshaw
Two > One

lol, no idea some of those purists.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 03:07 PM   #5
fatxagt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Might pay to be at the next Ford show in Melb, could be a showdown. People get very defensive of there cars dont they!
The poster is up at my place!!

Last edited by fatxagt; 24-06-2005 at 03:35 PM.
fatxagt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 03:21 PM   #6
blueyes
tony

i don't think everyone over there is in agreeance..

i personally like that XA.. it's something different!
Old 24-06-2005, 03:44 PM   #7
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Dear god!! Dont tell me.... he..... actually.... left the chrome strip in the middle of the grill?!?!?!?!

Phwoar - there on top of the big issues huh?
Old 24-06-2005, 04:50 PM   #8
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

That particular car has been around for a very long time. I can remember reading about it in the mid 90's. I like it. At the risk of offending the GT purists, there are only so many original GT's you can ogle at in original condition. If someone wants to modify one, I can't see the problem. If he was to have used a GS shell, they would've crucified him for having the audacitiy to copy an original, so either way they're going to whinge. During ownership of an original GT, I went along to a GT club run to see what it was like. Apart from the great cars, it was enormous moan session on who's car was more original than who's. I was told by the pompous a$$hole who was president of the club that XAGT RPO's weren't worth anything, and he'd "take it off my hands for $2500." It's exactly that type of mentality which prevents people from joining car clubs.
Mesa is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2005, 01:39 PM   #9
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

That car is awsome, not all GT owners dislike it.
http://www.falcongtclub.org/ViewMess...essageID=42580
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2005, 02:39 PM   #10
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the sites biggest problem is there's no EDIT button!!!
too many people go and type away, press send, and then read their own post... ooops, shouldn't have written that, blah, blah, blah....
It's like any site, some sh!t slinging, some great info, some ****ers, some champions.

If everyone had the same opinion, wouldn't life get a bit, shall I say, unoriginal!!??? LOL

Mick.
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2005, 03:33 PM   #11
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Can someone pass on a message for me? Tell him if he buys it I'll help him track down original GT parts to put on it in exchange for the blower.

He should of done it to a GS, that way they would only be giving him a hard time over putting GT badges on it :rolleyes:

It's a bloody nice car (not too keen on the interior though) and the deleted gutters look great, nice and clean. I'm all for mint original GTs, but seriously, seen one, seen em all.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2005, 06:52 PM   #12
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

It is a very nice vehicle, but that fact remain's, it belong's to the owner and he/she can do what ever they want to it, at the end of the day it is still a GT, there are other GT's out there that don't have all the original gear on them and were modded from day one, so what's the difference, Imangine if there was a XY GT HO III that was modded or changed in somewhat to that of the originalty from let's say the 1st original owner was Allan Moffat, Imagine what it would be worth today and what people would be saying about it, I personally like going over to the GT Club site and looking at the discussion's but one topic that come up recently that was discussed has really deturred me away from the site, it was the fact that people were talking about Fairmont's and GS's and because it is a GT's site some there didn't like all this talk, that really Pi**ed me off, I know it is a GT site but really the GS and some Fairmont's are rebuilt and lovenly restored by their owner's and they are virtully a GT anyway, That's why so many GT replica's sarted life as a Fairmont. they even whinged about how in today's era, the owner's of Pursuit ute's will be wanting to join the club just because they have the equivalent of the FPV's GT's, and then lauhed at them.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2005, 09:33 PM   #13
Dodge
i like to be stroked

it doesnt matter how good or how much money u just wasted on ur car , someone will pick it to bits . im glad a average car made street machine not one of them trailer queens or illegal funded cars .