Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-06-2005, 02:58 PM   #1
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Default AME (ford vs holden) Show

Just letting everyone in Brisbane know the show is comming up this 2nd/3rd of July at the Brisbane Convention Centre. I had no idea it was comming up until I did a search for the show yesterday only to find out I had searched just in time. Its not just ford and holden anymore either but lets hope there are still just as many there.

Its now known as the AME show, they sent me this press release;

2005 AME – Australian Motoring Expo

Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, Southbank, QLD

July 2nd & 3rd will be absolute Automotive Extravaganza with the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre at Southbank absolutely packed full of all the latest in New and Concept Cars, Automotive Parts and Accessories plus the latest Showcars demonstrating the Future trends in Automotive Design.

The AME is and will be the most complete Car Show you can attend, with a diverse range of Activities and Products on Display for all Brands and Types of Car.

The Expo will showcase everything Automotive and many products on display will be available for purchase on the weekend at Special Show Discounts.

In addition to this, many prominent brands including Ford, FPV, Subaru, Holden, HSV and others will have their latest Models including 4x4 and High Performance variants on display and on sale at Huge Discounts over the normal Day to Day prices.

An added attraction will be over 20 of Australia’s High performance tuning Companies here in Brisbane with Trade exhibits showing the latest in Performance Automotive Enhancements from Exhaust Systems and Intake Systems to Supercharging, Turbocharging and Intercooling.

The total trade Exhibit Number has now passed 80 which easily eclipses any exhibition of this type held in Queensland with many companies including Harrop Engineering and Performance, PWR, Martini Racing Products, GM Motorsport, Pacemaker Headers and many others making the trip from the South to attend the Motoring Expo of the Year.

Most of these companies will be demonstrating their talents and products on the Dyno Dynamics Dyno which will take centre stage in the Convention Centre. The Dyno will also be used for seminars on Performance Tuning for all the Public to enjoy. If you haven’t seen a Dyno in action before, please ensure you take a look at this unique piece of Equipment. The Dyno will be in action non stop over the entire weekend.

Hundreds of Cars will be on display including Daryl McBeth and Mitsubishi’s Awesome 2 Door V8 Magna Concept, 2 new models from Ford Performance Vehicles, a new model from HSV and some of the finest Hi- Performance Showcar variants from across Australia.

Two New concept production Cars are being readied for the Show and we expect to have Photo’s available at the last minute for the press.

To add to this there will be Giveaways and Free Show bags at certain times for Adults and the Kids plus other light entertainment.

The AME – The Australian Motoring Expo will be the Show for everyone that appreciates the Car… July 2 & 3 2005.

For further Information contact Graeme on 0400 147 000 or visit: www.ameshow.com.au

So anyone going?
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 03:02 PM   #2
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

It was great last year, I wanna see Eddie Tassone's car again..

Shame they couldn't keep it Ford and Holden but the mighty marketing dollar must of spoken...

Ohh and if you are in the XR Club of Brisbane(Qld) please put on a better display than last year:

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 07:10 PM   #3
EA_Bender
Hmmm Gold!!!

NOOOOOO why does it have to be that weekend!!! The only one im not going be in town for... : i wander if they'll move it back a week for me....
1990 EA Series 2 Fairmont, Low Springs and shocks, 17 x 7 Advanti Flash Mags running on Falken rubber :, EL XR8 Sway Bars, NGK Iridium Plugs, New Trip Comp, Pacemaker 4480, 2.5 system 4L ED engine with surecam

Now Sporting - OED666's 202+ RWHP engine!! :dj: fully
EA_Bender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 07:47 PM   #4
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

Sound great when is it coming to Sydney?
Old 21-06-2005, 07:49 PM   #5
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner

We'll have a trade stand there with a few of our ba's and of course our showcar torana, should be a great show
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 07:50 PM   #6
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

I can;t wait to see your Torana again Steve

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 08:24 PM   #7
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner

Default torana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
I can;t wait to see your Torana again Steve
It's changed heaps again dude, all setup for race now, full cage tubbs parachute, new motor and tranny and wheels
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 09:33 PM   #8
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

It's a pity that they have changed the format now which will include the Ricers,it won't be the same anymore especially the rivalry between Ford and Holden.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2005, 03:05 PM   #9
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Do you guys no how much it costs. I cant seem to find any pricing information or what time it opens.
Old 22-06-2005, 03:31 PM   #10
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Dynosteve in the blurb on their web site it states you are going to be running the torana on the dyno? mmmm yeaaa baby

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2005, 03:41 PM   #11
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

dammit me rollin and oed were going to put our cars into this wtf??? how do u enter??

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2005, 05:43 PM   #12
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Woo Hoo. Something new to go and see this year. I'll be there with bells and whistles on.
Old 22-06-2005, 06:58 PM   #13
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Sound great when is it coming to Sydney?
I had a quick search and couldn't find too much with when the last one was on...

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2005, 07:05 PM   #14
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve
It's changed heaps again dude, all setup for race now, full cage tubbs parachute, new motor and tranny and wheels

Jeez it sounds like a weapon now!

Any hints as to what the motor is this time?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2005, 07:35 PM   #15
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Damn it, that'd be right. They put it on uni holidays when I'm 300km away.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2005, 11:31 PM   #16
Venomous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds good, i have sunday off work might go then, a few questions, what times it start, etc, how much, where exactly. And i think thats all for now. Sounds good.
Venomous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2005, 11:58 PM   #17
Venomous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ah k got it, was it very big last year??. Anyway for everyone else here are the details.

Show Times:
Saturday 2 July 2005 - 10:00am to 10:00pm
Sunday 3 July 2005 - 10:00am to 6:00pm

Admission:
Adults - $15.00
Concession Cards - $14.00
Children - $8.00 (5-12 years)
Children - FREE (4 years & under)
Family - $39.00 (2 adults/up to 2 children)

Anyway so yea looks like ill be going.
Venomous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 03:48 PM   #18
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Last year it was ok fairly big. Huge line up to get in anyway. There was a heap of fords I reckon more then holdens. It was good last year but sounds like it will be alot better this year.
Old 23-06-2005, 03:54 PM   #19
XDSLIDER
BIG LUKE

I heard a rumor that the JMM "TIME MACHINE" might be making an appearance in Brisbane. Will just have to wait and see!!

BIG LUKE

XR6BBQ.......... Just when you thought I had given up!!!
XDSLIDER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post