Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > B Series.com.au > B Series.com.au Events and Meets

B Series.com.au Events and Meets All the B Series Social Gatherings

Old 07-03-2008, 12:12 PM   #61
Samboh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh I don't know the Brisbane area exactly as its about a 45 min drive for me also but ill try to find a map, yeh when you turn in the lower carpark is like the first left and theres a fairly big carpark its not actually on the mountain its below it lol if that makes sense. Planned route: Meet at 6:30pm this Saturday, Stay there till about 7:30pm and then cruise to coast, and we will hang out there for a tad. Unless any of you want to cruise to a nice dinner place first and get some dinner at 7:30pm?
Samboh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #62
Samboh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got about 6 cars definately confirmed with about 8 others showing interest so can't do a list really as not sure if other 8 are coming as there 70% sure they will come lol. Trying to find a map right now
Old 07-03-2008, 12:20 PM   #63
TUF270
BACK IN AN FG TURBO

rightio mate, im 80% and growing so yea lol.....most likely i will come just depends how much money i have come 5pm tomorrow nite...lol
TUF270 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 12:30 PM   #64
Samboh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol if not enough just borrow some and pay them back the next week whoever your living with :P, It is pretty hard to find a map, but as you turn into MT Cootha turnoff there should be a turnoff to the left just before you start climbing the mountain and thats the lower carpark, I will get there about 6:15pm so you will see a merc silver xt parked in there lol
Old 07-03-2008, 01:34 PM   #65
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

are you talking about the planetarium car park?
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #66
Sam_Boss260

Do you mean here in red?

That is the first car park on your left as you head up towards Mt Cootha. To actually head up the mountain, you head up Scenic Drive which is further up on your left. Once on Scenic Drive, there are no car parks until you reach the top... at least I think there aren't.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:36 PM   #67
Samboh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats the one im pretty sure lol ill get there early and try to stand on the entrance to turning into it so ya's know , I am pretty sure thats the one tho mate
Old 07-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #68
TUF270
BACK IN AN FG TURBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260
Do you mean here in red?

That is the first car park on your left as you head up towards Mt Cootha. To actually head up the mountain, you head up Scenic Drive which is further up on your left. Once on Scenic Drive, there are no car parks until you reach the top... at least I think there aren't.

so are u coming in your new 8 sam?
Old 07-03-2008, 02:54 PM   #69
Sam_Boss260

Fingers crossed, yes. I'm trying my best to get out of a family function that goe from lunchtime and will probably go through to dinner. So am trying my best .
Old 07-03-2008, 02:59 PM   #70
Samboh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol just tellthem to have an early dinner or just say you will stay with them from now until about 5:30 or whenever you got to go :P, should be a few rocking up so will be excellent, lol when we go the coast at 7:30pm if anyone is interested in dinner or after dinner snack we will park up in a big car park at coast and goto maccas or sumthing lol
Old 07-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #71
XTC 190
Subtle,sleek & Surprising

what car park at the coast we goin to , now broady is closed
Enough
Bling Mods to date
Plenty,
XTC 190 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2008, 09:12 AM   #72
raptor6
Starter Motor

I was in Southport on Wednesday & broady car park was open
raptor6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2008, 11:17 AM   #73
Samboh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh we will see if its open or not, if its not we will go another big car park there was one near seaworld if anyone knows the streets to turn off to get to that one its quite popular also?
Old 08-03-2008, 11:34 AM   #74
XTC 190

Well today is the day and I am there as long as the rain keeps away which it is supposed to, out for a nice cruise and give the car a run to get the cobwebs out, cars clean running hard and only prob is the dam diff noise and hand brake niose but up for a good night anyway.
Sam Boss260, I will probably just meet you there bud, being a northy probably get lost he he
Enough
Bling Mods to date
Plenty,
Old 08-03-2008, 11:42 AM   #75
Samboh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol yeh I got to remember my way to MT Cootha, just remember guys and girls its the turnoff to the left jst before you start climbing the mountains, think its the botanical gardens carpark or has a very similar name to that. I should be there 6:15-6:20pm so if you all rock up around 6:30pm you should see my car already there with me and a few mates standing around there lol.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:11 PM   #76
hy_boi
Alan! Alan! Alan!

Was thinking of riding with Tuf240, see what happens..
hy_boi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #77
baxtman
WWBMD?

i'll be there tonight, you'll have to excuse my car being filthy, i'm coming straight from my brothers house and heading back to his to go into the city when you head down the coast.
Baja Bug (o\|/o)Build
baxtman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2008, 06:41 PM   #78
XRT-HOWSEE
Blown FPV GS 315

Well i might beat you all there, i'll be heading off in about 30 mins. cleaned my car this arvo and am about to go put on my new decals and then go for a run. See you all soon.

John

FPV GS 315 sedan
Black w/ Silver stripes
442rwkw
XRT-HOWSEE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2008, 10:17 PM   #79
shilouette
Bruceey

Default missed everything...

I seem to have missed everyones meet point and neglected to take the contact number. I cruised Mt Cootha three times checking all car parks and it appears there was a few other stragglers looking as well. My idea was the lower carpark on the acess road approximately half way up but apparently not. I got there about 6.20 and drove round for a good 1/2 hour with no result but oh well, was a nice drive. Any ways, maybe next time....hope all had a good night, wherever you were!
shilouette is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 11:25 AM   #80
XRT-HOWSEE
Blown FPV GS 315

thanks everyone for a good time last night, sucked about the weather though. Sorry to all the guys who couldn't find us, we were in the planetarium / botanical gardens car park, so before you started climbing. But we should all have another cruise soon for those who missed out and when the weather might be slightly better.

Also be careful Samboh, you don't wanna lose your licence doing that.... not that i'm any better

Cheers

FPV GS 315 sedan
Black w/ Silver stripes
442rwkw
XRT-HOWSEE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 12:56 PM   #81
XTC 190

Was a good night, good to catch up and meet a few new faces, would have been better if the rain stayed away, but some good old fun was had on he way home anyways, apoligies to the ss and wrx, for not letting them win , on the way out to the hwy, car was nice and strong and the arsee end was stepping out quite hard in both wet and dry road
def nice cars there last night and raptor that s/c 6 looked and sounded strong,
Enough
Bling Mods to date
Plenty,
Old 09-03-2008, 12:57 PM   #82
Samboh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just testing my baby don't get many chances to lol :P, Was a great night btw guys approximately 13 falcons in total rocked up which was great. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves and we will be arranging another one btw guys for Willowbank in a few weeks time, keep an eye on the b series cruise page as ill start a thread on it pretty soon.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #83
WOGBOY69
WOGBOY69

Default hi all

had a great time meet up with some new people was great,,,and sam i havent seen for long time was great.....pitty the kid dident meet me on the free way ..i think he was to scared .... : ..any way see you all soon ....
WOGBOY69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 06:43 PM   #84
511ner
ACID RUSH

yeah, was great night meet some new people and sounds like we all had fun drive home.lol

:evil3: FPV & XR Owners Club of QLD :evil3:
ACID RUSH 03 BA XR8
3' catback exhaust, SS inductions CAI,lowered on KINGS. 19" avanti viennas :
511ner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 11:22 PM   #85
Sam_Boss260

Good night fellas.

Next time have to be better organised..... we waited far too long at Mt Cootha.

Hey, Wogboy, Good catching up with you too mate.

Also, had a bit of fun on the wy home with that "XR SEXY" ute that was parked in front of us all night.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:40 PM   #86
TUF270
BACK IN AN FG TURBO

yea was good to get out, but needed much better organisation.waited at mt cootha far to long