Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question Went to the Police concert in Perth last night...

Last minute decision, got the tickets last week and went last night.
They were pretty good too, Sting can belt out a song, especially Roxanne.
But why oh why did they have Fergie as their lead up entertainment?

Lets face it, I'm in the over 40 bracket like 75% of the fans last night, and they have Fergie on singing her stuff with her hip hop and her homeys dancing in stage.

I know there's some younger fans here that won't agree with me, but how would you like going to say a Wolfmother concert ( who I reckon are pretty good) and John Farnaham was the lead act.

She didn't get much applause and someone even yelled out for her to get off. Don't get me wrong, she looks pretty hot but I just don't go that hip hop, gang banger stuff, she did a couple of cover songs that were OK but as for the rest of it.

:

Old 03-02-2008, 03:22 PM   #2
EDXRSIX
Ex Arrrrrrrr

yea i never understood why she was a support act for the police....totally differant types of music...totally differant types of crowds..

never made sense to me.

Cat Back exhaust,Big stereo, K&N Air filter...more to come.
EDXRSIX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

She would have gotten the same reaction if she went to the Big Day Out today too.
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 09:33 PM   #4
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I wondered the same thing. Totally inappriopriate support act for an older generation band like the Police. Some wires got crossed somewhere there.

Do they share the same management or record label or something?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 11:44 PM   #5
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe Fergies being stung.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:04 AM   #6
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah i went too...police were pretty good but yes i agree that fergie wasnt much chopped hey....i think alot of big name bands have opening acted so it makes em look even better....i go to a lot of concerts hey and they rairly have a good opening act....
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 09:28 AM   #7
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

A few years ago, I was saying I would have done anything to be able to see The Police live (they were a bit before my time)...and then they announce this tour...

After they started touring, I thought, you little ripper! But after reading the reviews, and watching youtube vids....I was rather disspointed...they sounded pretty ordinary...and they wanted far to much money....shame...
Old 04-02-2008, 09:48 AM   #8
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scotsman
After they started touring, I thought, you little ripper! But after reading the reviews, and watching youtube vids....I was rather disspointed...they sounded pretty ordinary...and they wanted far to much money....shame...
Well mate, unfortunatley, in my opinion, you missed out big time. I thought their sound was spot on.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 09:51 AM   #9
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

never mind...I couldn't justify the price...they were asking rediculous amounts...Even Foo Fighters in May are cheaper...I don't think U2 were much more expensive than them either when they were here.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:12 AM   #10
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I paid full tilt for my tickets in Sydney, and I dont regret 1c although 2 mates got tickets form scalpers 2 songs in for $50 the pair that were 2 rows in fornt of us (thats the risk they took)

I didnt see fergie I staid in the pub and waited for the place to empty out once it did I new it was time walked in sat in my seat and bang on time the show started, you got to be happy with that

Roxan was a fav, walking in your foot steps was great and the version of king of pain was my pick for the night

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post