Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-08-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
st33l3y
Pursuit #144

Default AU 1 engine transplant

Gday. I have a 1998 AU forte (ex-chaser) and have sourced a VCT motor. Just wondering, how easy would it be to transplant the VCT engine into my falcon?

st33l3y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #2
JoesAu

there a straight swap, the mounts are the same block, its just the head thats different if that answers ya question.
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 10:26 PM   #3
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

When converting to VCT, what other hardware needs to be changed?
Old 27-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #4
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There would be alot of re-wiring involved. Could be done but not worth the effort.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 10:35 PM   #5
JoesAu

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
There would be alot of re-wiring involved. Could be done but not worth the effort.
exactly
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #6
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Is there a large enough gain in the VCT over the inTech to justify the conversion?
Old 27-11-2007, 11:06 PM   #7
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not really. You've got to take into account what aftermarket performance gear is available for the VCT - Pretty much nothing.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 11:42 PM   #8
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
Not really. You've got to take into account what aftermarket performance gear is available for the VCT - Pretty much nothing.
Well thats enough details for me to stick with the intech :P thanks
Old 28-11-2007, 07:16 AM   #9
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate i'd can the vct engine idea,see if you can get a hp motor and drop that in and you will feel the difference
Old 28-11-2007, 04:27 PM   #10
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For ease of fitment go the HP or just tune your own.I cant see why you couldnt get a VCT engine harness and ECU and plug that in............READ bellow

On a side note(my new idea)I have just acquired a AUII GHIA VCT (wifes car),now its only got 60ks on it but I want to fit a 220kw AUII/III engine in that soonish and fit the VCT in My SR wagon(thats got 230ks on it),Im guessing pull the engine harness out of the ghia and fit that along with the VCT computer and box in the SR, should be pretty straight forward?
It wont happen until next year sometime,just want to sus out whats needed.
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post