Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 19-10-2007, 07:28 AM   #1
trel01
Starter Motor

Default Fitting central lock. to Telstar 88 AT

Hello to all.

Just wondering if anyone has ever fitted central to a Telstar AT before?

Ripping off door trims, wiring etc doesn't worry me, its just the mounting of the actuators and rod's that may pose a problem for me as I have never fitted central before and I would like to do this on my own for the sake of learning too.

I feel confident in installing it all, but if I could maybe ask if anyone has a guide they could post or tips on making it easier I would appreciate your help!

Cheers.

-Ev

trel01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2007, 02:18 AM   #2
dirty hands
Over Thinker

the wiring comes included in the after market then the wires run through the door arch to the fuse box and switches/remotes

the rest you may have to drill some holes unless you buy the door units through a wrecker

for all doors or just the front doors ?
Old 27-10-2007, 07:05 AM   #3
trel01
Starter Motor

Thanks for the reply buddy. I actually went ahead and did it. Woke up early in the morning and had a crack. Was way easier than what I originally thought. Thank God for testlights!

Works a treat!

-Ev
trel01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post