Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-10-2007, 10:30 PM   #1
FRD6RL
Go Frosty!

Default Changing Fiesta Exhaust and it's effects: mechanically & on warranty

Hey everyone,

Just got a new tip fitted on the Fez, but as the bit of pipe coming off the rear muffler doesn't quite match up to the opening in the ST rear bumper my hubby's friend (he's a mechanic and did it all) thought it would be easier to remove the rear muffler and run a straight bit of pipe with the tip on the end (I've been thinking for a while now that I'd like the Fez to sound meaner, and this was a cheap and easy way to do it)

She sounds very meaty and sporty when I start her up and while Im accelerating! :evil3:

However I was talking to my dad (he's also a mechanic) and he wasn't very happy with the modification.
He said it would affect the warranty on the car;
and that you shouldn't mess around removing mufflers as the whole engine and exhaust system is designed by Ford to work in a certain way.

Can anyone shed any light on how exhaust mods could affect the car (negatively) and how they could affect the warranty (car is one year old with two left on the warranty)

Cheers, Nic. :newangel:

:newangel: Mine:
06 WQ Fiesta Zetec
Sea Grey Duco
17" ST Wheels. Pirelli P-Zero-Nero Tyres. Leather ST Interior. Spoiler. Scuff Plates.

:evilking: His:
00 AU2 Falcon XR8
Liquid Silver Duco.
Bodykit. Bi-Plane Spoiler. Manual. 17" XR Wheels. Hankook K104 Tyres. Leather Interior.

P.S I LOVE Smilies :
FRD6RL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2007, 01:27 PM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

well to tell you the truth any modification on the car At all will affect the modifed part of the warranty.

To tell you the truth, it may affect your warranty if something goes wrong. but then again.. The fiesta is very durable. i had a 2" cat back done on my car and it never had ANY problems what so ever for the 2 years i owned it.

If worst comes to worst, Ford have to Prove that the Modification to the car affected the warranty.

Thats my understanding anywho..

Plus, just depends on the relationsioinship that you have with the service department. I had a very good one with mine and they overlooked the Pod filter and the Exhaust . They had no worries servicing the car. They actually loved it.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2007, 01:43 PM   #3
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRD6RL
Can anyone shed any light on how exhaust mods could affect the car (negatively)
Passager might whine that the car's too loud... which at that point I just tell em to suck it up n deal with it.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 09:31 PM   #4
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Got the standard muffler welded back on, with the chrome tip coming off it in a sort of 'dump' position, becuse of how the standard exhaust sits in relation to the ST rear bumper. I reckon it looks tuff and different, we'll post pics at some point.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post