Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-05-2005, 10:38 PM   #1
Franky
Bring back the Phase

Angry LG DVD-RAM Driver

Hi I bought a computer with an LG GWA-4040N dvd burner and it does't come with a driver for DVD-RAM disks and after looking on the net for over 2 hours I can't find anything that works (or is in English :yeees: )

I know this is probably the last place I should be asking but maybe someone has a similar model or knows of a place where you can download drivers... I thought I mays well try before I sign up to a burner forum.

Oh and btw it is compatiable and usually the OEM version comes with a driver but I got it bundled in my laptop so it never came with a disk

Cheers

Last edited by Franky; 20-05-2005 at 10:42 PM.
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 10:48 PM   #2
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.lge.com/support/software_gcsc.jsp

Is it definately GWA-4040N? Cause all i could find was GSA-4040B so i was thinking cause W is next to S and N is next to B could it be a typo? Anyways thats the LG website for firmware i think whether this means drivers or what i dont know

cheers
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 10:55 PM   #3
Franky
Bring back the Phase

I tried that but i'm pretty sure it is just a firmware update not a driver...

Yes it is a 4040N but from what i've read I don't think LG made it like it's a Hitachi or Panasonic but it's branded as an LG.
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 12:18 PM   #4
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

How does it go? I'm looking for a Dvd burner at the moment, mainly for back ups of media I've downloaded, oh and in disk management it only turns up if a dvd is put in, then when i take it out it dissapears, my other drive shows up all the time even when no cd is in it. Could it be jumper settings or something? i have it set as master and the other drive as slave in Bios but i dont know about the jumper settings im pretty sure I would have put it in the right place and if i didnt i thought it wouldnt read dvd's either... maybe time for a warrenty claim.

Cheers

Last edited by M14A-Mclaren; 21-05-2005 at 05:50 PM.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 12:39 PM   #5
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
How does it go? I'm looking for a Dvd burner at the moment, mainly for back ups of media I've downloaded
Can't speak for the LG, but I bought a Pioneer 109 DVD Burner and I've had no drama's yet.

Pretty cheap at the moment too.

http://www.custo.com.au/category.asp...10003062600061

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 12:50 PM   #6
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

What is Dvd-Ram's claim to fame? drives with it seem to be more expensive...
Old 21-05-2005, 01:29 PM   #7
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
DVD-RAM
DVD-RAM has the best recording features but it is not compatible with most DVD-ROM drives and DVD-Video players. Think more of it as a removable hard disk. DVD-RAM is usually used in some DVD Recorders.
This is all I can find on it. I'm sure some of the others on the forum (maddestman etc) can prob elaborate more on this.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 05:30 PM   #8
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quick question, my CDRW/DVD Combo drive isnt reading CD-RW's at all it reads dvd's fine no problem, anyone know what the problem could be? I just updated the firmware today and it had no effect, it doesnt show up in disk management when no dvd is in, unlike my other cd drive and its set as master, I thought the jumper settings must be right since it does read dvd fine.

Last edited by M14A-Mclaren; 21-05-2005 at 05:58 PM.