Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-08-2007, 09:37 PM   #1
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default ECU reset after installing extractors?

hey just got some extractors and a sports exhaust put on my ute the other day and it also feels a little funny to drive especially at idle although it sits at about 900 rpm(egas model so i believe they rev a little higher anyway?) it still has a slight vibration something i didn't notice before the extractors and exhaust were installed. Does anyone know if i should be disconnecting my batter for a short time to do an ECU reset? thanks in advance.

see my ute here

AU parts for sale
schuldiner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 09:52 PM   #2
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its a good idea to do one for any significant changes.
howesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 09:59 PM   #3
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah thats what i thought iwasn't sure if extractors and exhaust were significant enough, i'm gonna try clean the throttle body and idle housing thingo... can't hurt to try it. might wait until my performance air filter arrives before i do the reset, still runs well but just doesn't feel quite right.

see my ute here

AU parts for sale
schuldiner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 12:16 PM   #4
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How do you tell whether the ECU has been reset or is it just a time based (1hr) thing?

And what happens if you touch or blip the throttle when you do the re-learn procedure?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 01:53 PM   #5
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Disconnect battery dont worry bout that 1 hr cr@p, turn key to on and hold on brake pedal for 10-15 secs, it drains the capacitors etc and your done!!!. Reconnect battery and off you go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post