Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-07-2007, 11:28 PM   #1
Dezaman

Default Hey Guys, question about parts swapping

hey guys, im new to the forums, and well the world of falcons, i have a question which has probably been answered a few times before but what parts can i steal of other falcons for an au falcon, i mean everything from panels, bonnets, break pads, anything that can be swapped from a ba or the e serious falcons to an au, the reason i ask this is im planning on getting an au and i wouldnt mind tearing parts of a ba, for eg the front and rear kit or even the engine, and any parts that can fit itd be cool to put it on, thankyou for your help Derek

Dezaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 11:36 PM   #2
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

hey mann, welcome ..

what type of AU u got?? also register with our club, i dont know if u have already or not ... www.aufalcon.com ... takes 2 minutes!!!

as for BA parts ...

- brakes
- Engine
- scuff plates

im sure there's more .. but i've made a start lolz ...
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 11:39 PM   #3
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i dont think there are many parts you can swap over from a B series to an AU easily. The engine being one that seems to be causing a lot of problems, as far as kit's and stuff go i believe there is a fair bit of work involved in putting them on an AU apparently you have to rearrange the radiator to put a ba front end on. i think brakes go on easily enough there is a thread on that interior mod's like seats and stuff might swap over easily enough. i'm sure some of the other guys on here will know much more.

see my ute here

AU parts for sale
schuldiner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 11:45 PM   #4
falzoony
Rockin '67

B Series brakes only fot au 2/3, and only the front scuff plates fit from bseries to au. E series motors are the same as the au so many things fit as there are only a few small differences(ie EA,EB,ED lower intake manifold). But exhausts fit. also any bseries rim will fit an au.

'67 XR Wagon
falzoony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 11:47 PM   #5
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

why woud u put a BA kit on an AU anyway? IMO it wil look like sh!te ...

but interior; u have your Steering wheel, seats ... but all of this as schuldiner said, will take ALOT of work ... just leave ur AU how it is ... and add parts from different models/series
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 22-07-2007, 11:48 PM   #6
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by falzoony
B Series brakes only fot au 2/3, and only the front scuff plates fit from bseries to au. E series motors are the same as the au so many things fit as there are only a few small differences(ie EA,EB,ED lower intake manifold). But exhausts fit. also any bseries rim will fit an au.
he's tried it all ... looked at his mum's BA for parts he could swap over in the middle of the night!!

:
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 22-07-2007, 11:52 PM   #7
falzoony
Rockin '67

Quote:
Originally Posted by nversace
he's tried it all ... looked at his mum's BA for parts he could swap over in the middle of the night!!

:
HAHA well I really wanted that dohc engine also if you go on aufalcon.com there is a workshop section and it will tell you what fits.
http://www.aufalcon.com/cgi-bin/inde...les&t=Articles
this answers most questions.

'67 XR Wagon
Old 22-07-2007, 11:52 PM   #8
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my brothers boss put a BA XR front on his AU xr8 reckons there was heaps of work involved in it and i didnt really see much of a benefit.(although it is blown and kicks some major ***) better off doing what nversace said and just grab stuff off of other model AU's or aftermarket kits to suit AU's. electronic side of things seems to be whats hindering it. even fitting a S2 cluster into an S1 doesnt work to well.although i suppose if money doesn't worry you then you can always pay other people to do things for you:P

see my ute here

AU parts for sale
schuldiner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 12:10 AM   #9
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
HAHA well I really wanted that dohc engine
hahaha i just imagined u under the BA's hood at 1 in the morning disconnecting the engine, being extremly quite, and keep looking over ur shoulder .. LMAO hahaha ... god i need a life ... it was funny though lolz

yeaaah look for like XR kits or even T-seriess Kits ... they aways look good!!! ...

u make a fairmont replica though ... and i'll be after you!!!!

- woodgrain / chrome shifter surround
- Fairlane / LTD door inserts
- LTD steering wheel
- Leather Inserts
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 23-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #10
Dezaman

Default wow quick reply

thanks guys for the quick reply, lol to the stealing of the engine in the middle of the night, its interesting that u can actually swap the dohc engine of the ba to an au, like wouldnt that throw off everything, like the transmission will still only expect the (soz if im incorrect) 140 kw's of the au compared to the higher power of the ba, would u need to tune it and wipe the ecu? also what about bonnet's, will a ba or eb bonnet fit onto an au1? and as soon as i get my au ill register, i got a mate with an eb and i could borrow his bonnet to get an au over the pits if it doesnt have a bonnet (at least untill i buy my own), thanks guys for your help Derek
Old 23-07-2007, 01:13 PM   #11
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezaman
thanks guys for the quick reply, lol to the stealing of the engine in the middle of the night, its interesting that u can actually swap the dohc engine of the ba to an au, like wouldnt that throw off everything, like the transmission will still only expect the (soz if im incorrect) 140 kw's of the au compared to the higher power of the ba, would u need to tune it and wipe the ecu? also what about bonnet's, will a ba or eb bonnet fit onto an au1? and as soon as i get my au ill register, i got a mate with an eb and i could borrow his bonnet to get an au over the pits if it doesnt have a bonnet (at least untill i buy my own), thanks guys for your help Derek
AFAIK the BA engine into an AU has yet to be perfected there are major electronic hurdled to overcome yet. also nversace said steering wheel, it won't work
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 01:18 PM   #12
Dezaman

Default soz addon reply

also the big question is which of these should i grab, i want an ex taxi and i plan to pull the engine and gearbox out after i save up some cash, if i was to buy a car which of these should i pick,hypothetically (i really love the front of the au2/3)
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2000-FORD-FAL...QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-Falcon-F...QQcmdZViewItem
http://www.autotrader.com.au/iteminf...ubs_Used+Cars_
Old 23-07-2007, 01:36 PM   #13
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-Falcon-F...QQcmdZViewItem looks like a prospect and shouldn't cost too much to get on the road if your prepared to get your hands dirty
Old 23-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #14
falzoony
Rockin '67

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-Falcon-F...QQcmdZViewItem looks like a prospect and shouldn't cost too much to get on the road if your prepared to get your hands dirty
I've never seen an intake manifold like that on an AU. whats up with that? is it to do with the gas?

'67 XR Wagon
Old 23-07-2007, 09:07 PM   #15
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
also nversace said steering wheel, it won't work
not from a BA .. im talking AU LTD
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 23-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #16
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I've never seen an intake manifold like that on an AU. whats up with that? is it to do with the gas?
yes it is and i didn't notice that before steer clear of it