Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 17-07-2007, 01:59 PM   #1
shaun-63
Starter Motor

Default Black Top Zetec

Hello all. I am using a black top 2L zetec from 2004 Focus in a Locost. Want to use standard ECU and wiring. Need info on how to make it run. (ECU has anti theft device?). Can I use a ECU from earlier Fiesta 1.8 Zetec with no anti theft?????? HELP?????? PLEASE??????????????????? Wiring diagram?????????????????? Noose??????????????????????????????????????????
:togo:

shaun-63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 04:14 PM   #2
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not sure if this might help but try - http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...ry.php?cat=778 -
Old 17-07-2007, 06:33 PM   #3
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

I doubt whether you can use a Fiesta ECU. You would need the ECU belonging to the engine. Have you got that? Is that what you're anti theft question is about?? Or don't you have that? If not, what is the anti theft question? And what country are you from? Usually only reference to "blacktop" is from the UK

Lots of question marks?????????????????????????????????? Don't really make a question.

If you want some help, a clearer question might help
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 08:39 PM   #4
photn
AFF Post NAZI

he is def from uk as the fiesta had the 1.8 ltr black top engine in there.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 10:18 AM   #5
shaun-63
Starter Motor

Default Thanks all.

Hello again all. Thanks heaps for the replys - the first time I posted I did not receive any replies hence the lack of info in this post. I will clarify...
The black top is out of a 2004 Focus. I have the motor, complete wiring loom (less internal car stuff i.e. instruments etc) and the original ECU. I do not have the ignition switch or the remote unlocking key. I beleive the ECU has an anti theft device built into it that does not allow it to run the engine unless all of the wiring including the instruments (and any wiring to the auto trans) is connected and the remote button is pushed on the key. I have received info from another post that an earlier 1.8 Zetec in a Fiesta will work as it does not have the anti theft system - still trying to confirm this and/or get a wiring diagram for the 1.8. It also tunes the engine differently and produces more HP (up to 145 possibly) which is a cheap HP gain. I am based in Brisbane, Australia (I know there are no 1.8L Fiestas here but thats what Ebay is for) and the rules for registering a Locost require original engine and ECU components as well as being newer than 2002. I have tried for a wiring loom here but no success so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
shaun-63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post