Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 16-07-2007, 11:00 PM   #1
jonohall

Default insuring and re-registering my EL falcon in QLD

Hi everyone. currently my EL falcon is in my Dad's name because I figured I'd save a bit of money on insurance costs etc and I'm down as a driver. Firstly, I am pretty much the only one who drives the car. I am considering now registering and insuring the car in my name. I figure insurance costs will change but will registration costs change?

a little about me: I am 22 (turning 23 in February next year). on open licence. been solo on the road since 2002. Never hit another car or had any claims made against me. someone has hit my parked baby though!!!! but i didnt claim and fixed it myself!

So given the above information will my CTP and 3rd party fire and theft policies change much in price you think? My dad is 72 now (his gonna have to take mandatory driver testing soon hehe) his had a couple of incidences along the way but a sound record.

Also, I don't get this listing other drivers thing. If the policy is in Dad's name and I'm pretty much the only person who drives it, will the insurance company refuse to pay or anything like that if i do have an ACCIDENT?? And what happens if ya lend your car to a mate and he hits a beemer, am i Covered?

hope i havent bored ya too
much. cheers!

PS: im with suncorp metway if thats any use to ya. thanks

jonohall is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 07:07 AM   #2
mhoward736
Starter Motor

I don't think your CTP will change in price. Your other insurance will probably change but given your father is over 70, probably not by much given you are a listed driver already.

The other driver listing has a large impact on your excess. In my case the excess for a listed driver is $500 but that triples for an unlisted driver.
mhoward736 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post