Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-06-2007, 09:01 PM   #1
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Default Calling AU 5 Speed owners

Hi guys

I just fitted an AU engine to my car, and kept my EA 5 speed box.

I just wanna know if anyone has any pictures of the way their AU 5 speed clutch cable attached at the bellhousing side? I just need to know if there are any brackets, and how the cable is set up.

Any pictures from that vicinity of the AU would be very nice!

Thanks

BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

no pics , but theres 2 Clips on the top of the bellhousing ,

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2007, 10:57 PM   #3
Christiaan

On the top? But the fork is on the passenger side.. Hopefully some pics will explain what i mean..
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 23-06-2007, 11:03 PM   #4
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Is it only an I6 Motor you have Fitted ?

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2007, 11:15 PM   #5
Christiaan

Yeah.. and on an e-series, there's a little bracket where the clutch cable meets the bellhousing, that holds the clutch cable in place. I just need a picture of the underneath of a 5 speed AU. Surely there's an au owner somewhere here with a 5 speed who has some happy snaps!
Old 23-06-2007, 11:26 PM   #6
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is a AU V8 bellhousing, maybe this will help you.

philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2007, 11:27 PM   #7
LUXO_8
windsor user

sorry for going off topic, and pm me if you like, but Philstoj, whats the car in the background and what rims are on it, they look nice!
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2007, 11:30 PM   #8
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol, it looks like a rice burner of some sort, not sure on rims either, its just some random pic i found on ebay
Old 23-06-2007, 11:36 PM   #9
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
lol, it looks like a rice burner of some sort, not sure on rims either, its just some random pic i found on ebay
ah i thought it was from your garage, my bad
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2007, 11:43 PM   #10
Christiaan

It's for an I6.. But thanks anyway phil
Old 24-06-2007, 12:07 AM   #11
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From the workshop manual, they look like they have a bracket off the motor which the cable goes through, and then it goes into the inspection cover and onto the clutch fork, but the pics are pretty crappy and not much detail.

Yes the 6 cyls are different, they dont use anything off the bellhousing.
They use the block, and a cover which sits in the hole for the clutch fork in the bell housing.

It shouldnt be too much different to E series, did you get a motor from an auto or manual?
Old 24-06-2007, 09:07 AM   #12
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2PWR
no pics , but theres 2 Clips on the top of the bellhousing ,
How do you know this Daniel? I thought yours was an auto? Have you had a conversion done?

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2007, 09:23 AM   #13
Christiaan

The new motor is from an auto.. I just need to know if i can order the little bracket through ford, or need to make up a new one..

cheers
Old 24-06-2007, 09:36 AM   #14
XR6Stu

If you dont have an answer by 5pm this afternoon, I'll take mine into work and put it up onto the hoist and take a photo of it for you!
XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #15
Christiaan

hey mate, thanks very much!
Old 24-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #16
XR6Stu

Here ya go! As promised! Im pretty sure this is what you were asking for, if not let me know and I will suss it out for you!
XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2007, 09:11 PM   #17
Christiaan

thanks very much mate! That's exactly what I was after!

Cheers.