Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 26-05-2007, 02:14 PM   #1
ler

Default Best type of Washing machine for qld

What would you recommend and where from? The good guys? Retravision?

Im thinking a front loader to save water.

btw has anyone had to fill out one of these bullshit rebate forms that makes on sense.

Thanks.

Old 26-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #2
Ridin-High

We've bought all ours 2nd hand from garage sales, pick them up for like $50 instead of 500 or whatever the retail outlets are charging for a new unit

Ps. Yes i have used the search button mum....
Old 26-05-2007, 03:19 PM   #3
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My parents had a Kleenmaid that lasted for 15 years and the only thing that went was a drive belt. We have a Simpson and its seems pretty good, your better off paying a little bit more IMO.
Old 26-05-2007, 03:41 PM   #4
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ler

btw has anyone had to fill out one of these bullshit rebate forms that makes on sense.

Thanks.
we run an LG 7kg front loader , max wash takes a while but only uses 36 litres
any front loader is the go .
Old 26-05-2007, 05:36 PM   #5
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ler

Thanks.
I just bought a front loader in November and did the whole rebate thing for my $200 refund. Can't remember it being too big a hassle. Just handed the form and the reciept to the wife!

I initially was going to get a toploader ( a Kleen Maid or another Fisher and Pykel) as that is all I had ever owned but these front loaders use a hell of a lot less water and power so we started looking at them. The Kleen Maids incidently use more than 3 times the water and came in as the least efficient from the research I did. US comsumers don't take this into account apparently, so Kleenmaid don't worry too much about doing the R&D on it..

Bought a Miele after a lot of research. They are expensive but are built to last and it does show.

We found a lot of sales people seem to steer you towards one of the european brands when it comes to front loaders. Quite a few had said that the others hadn't quite got them mastered like the Europeans had. I can't say whether this is right or not but they did come up with the front loader so there could be some truth to it. Its the only German made machine I have ever owned

Hope this helps with your decision.

Cheers,

Craig

Last edited by XR6TCraig; 26-05-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Old 26-05-2007, 05:45 PM   #6
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

We've had a Simpson for years. Copped some of the worst bore water I've ever seen too.
Like anything, you get what you pay for.
Old 26-05-2007, 06:26 PM   #7
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whatever you do make sure it has been certified for operation in southern hemisphere equatorial conditions.
The cheap chinese imports are for the northern hemisphere and the water swirls the wrong way when it goes down the drain.
This will cause your water meter to read double and you will get a huge water bill or be fined for over use.
Old 26-05-2007, 06:39 PM   #8
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Ler rubbish thread No. 365

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=55529

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 26-05-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Closed Thread