Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-04-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
kirto
Starter Motor

Question 2007 LX Focus

hey all,
was just after some feedback on the Lx Focus.... Am currently looking to buy one but seem to be hearing alot of nagative comments about them.... Just looking for feedback from owners on any problems they've had with them, ect, ect...
thanks in advance
kirto

kirto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 07:57 PM   #2
Kenster

Im in the same boat about a enquire about the Ford focus ztec so far all i know its good on fuel and very smooth driving that about it.
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 08:13 PM   #3
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Moving this to a more relevant area

Chris
Old 28-04-2007, 02:25 AM   #4
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

Test drive one.
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2007, 09:46 AM   #5
BlackLS

Although there have been a few problems with my Nov 05 Focus LX, I've been overally impressed with the car. Its a car thats not too common on the roads compared to a Mazda 3 and I get heaps of positive comments from people in the public.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 10:09 AM   #6
kirto
Starter Motor

ive taken it for a test drive was impressed by the way it drove but the dealer then said to do some research on it... i was then told by a ford mechanic that they've had no end of trouble with the 07 model... i'm just wondering what the problems are... i know there are problems with them...
kirto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 10:50 AM   #7
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Part of the problem with them has been the Ford Mechanics.
Unless its a Falcon, many of them don't know what's going on, or worse, make it up as they go along
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 11:59 AM   #8
Kelvin
Kelvin

i have had no problems with my zetec 06, done 15000+kms, i always feed it premium and follow general maintanace checks, only one hiccup sometimes maybe happens once a fortnight might be me i thinks, i get in a start the key straight away doesn't kick over, if i turn it off keep it on accesories on a couple of seconds and voila starts, i think im not waiting for the fuel pump to build pressure. but whatever makes you happy.
Old 29-04-2007, 01:11 PM   #9
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin
i have had no problems with my zetec 06, done 15000+kms, i always feed it premium and follow general maintanace checks, only one hiccup sometimes maybe happens once a fortnight might be me i thinks, i get in a start the key straight away doesn't kick over, if i turn it off keep it on accesories on a couple of seconds and voila starts, i think im not waiting for the fuel pump to build pressure. but whatever makes you happy.
Sounds like the starter motor solenoid if it doesn't even turn over.

When you put the key onto the ON position the fuel pump will prime and while its in the START position it'll also prime but might take a little longer to start if you turn the key straight to START without putting it on the ON position first.
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 01:32 AM   #10
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I had a similar issue with my LR Zetec (2002 build, older model) but it went away after a month or so, never explained...
Old 30-04-2007, 10:40 AM   #11
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
Part of the problem with them has been the Ford Mechanics.
Unless its a Falcon, many of them don't know what's going on, or worse, make it up as they go along
Don't you mean all of the problems have been ford mechanics ;)

Try taking an ST170 into the dealers and asking for quotes on servicing at the very least, you get nice blank stares from them.

Even the sales staff don't know what they are :(

You would think that if you worked at ford, you would at least take the time to brush up on the models that they sell in this country.
Old 30-04-2007, 06:21 PM   #12
FRA
Mr Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordel
Don't you mean all of the problems have been ford mechanics ;)

Try taking an ST170 into the dealers and asking for quotes on servicing at the very least, you get nice blank stares from them.

Even the sales staff don't know what they are :(

You would think that if you worked at ford, you would at least take the time to brush up on the models that they sell in this country.
If it's not a Falcon, Ford have no idea.
It's the same thing when I walk into a performance shop, the look I get is priceless.
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #13
mudwaa

just bought a new zetec. excellent handling and good fuel economy. Problems? Scratched rear-view mirror (replaced no prob.) would kick over but not fire (only happened once. no explanation for this) drivers seat has spring out of place, clicks/crunches everytime you sit back (waiting till 3000 service to fix). But on the whole, love the car. Oh and its my first Ford.
mudwaa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 12:36 AM   #14
photn
AFF Post NAZI

ohh god your in for a treat lol

congrats on the buy. you should love the car.. hope it serves you well (croses fingers)

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 07:27 PM   #15
Focussed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i own an 06 zetec & no problems. just done 13000kms & runs like a dream. great fuel economy & excellent handling
Focussed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2007, 10:05 PM   #16
mudwaa

near 2000kms and now has failed to start 4 or 5 times. kicks over but ends in a death rattle. Will contact Ford tomorrow. from what ive read im sure they've heard it before. not as happy as i first was.
Old 21-05-2007, 10:24 PM   #17
Kelvin
Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXtremist
Sounds like the starter motor solenoid if it doesn't even turn over.
When you put the key onto the ON position the fuel pump will prime and while its in the START position it'll also prime but might take a little longer to start if you turn the key straight to START without putting it on the ON position first.
Sorry what i meant was it does kick over but doesn't start, seems to do it every now and then but always starts the secod time around if i wait a coupleof seconds
Old 22-05-2007, 02:22 AM   #18
mudwaa

yes. but certainly not what u expect from a new car!!!!!!