Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-05-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 
Default Dream Theater fans - new album

For any Dream Theater fans or fans of prog metal, get on youtube and type in Systematic Chaos.

DT's new record company have pre-released 2 songs. "In Constant Motion" and "The Dark Eternal Night". There's also a Press Kit with interviews with band members etc. If you want to download a decent quality version, you can off RoadRunner's website.

I'm sure any DT fans would know about this already, but for those that may not but are interested, just letting you know.

In true dreamtheater style, it hasn't disappointed me, it's different enough from their previous albums (so far) yet appeals straight away. This is going to be a very heavy album.

Would love to hear peoples thoughts and initial reaction.

JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2007, 02:20 PM   #2
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey cool JEM - cheers for the heads up.

I know you are a huge fan of theirs and have suggested them to me after discussing my worship of the band Tool.

So I'll give it a go for sure! Good to hear a fan thats happy with a bands new album. All too often do I hear people bag new albums from the outset.

With tool and I suspect dream theatre (from what you've told me) - their sound is so rich you cant really rate it after minimal listening time.

But you have given it a good initial overview so Im keen to find out more.......
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2007, 11:06 PM   #3
HLC
Audi S3

bore core.

i really cant warm to DT.

yes, they are all great musicians etc. but their stage presence sucks balls. and it gets a bit boring. haha

but if you like that stuff good on ya. i wish i had the patience cause they do have their moments.