Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 31-10-2006, 01:06 AM   #31
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
Yeah he got past me whilst I was spinning first and second gear, and the weight favour would be negligent my XR6 has a full Ghia interior including power windows etc, I think your EB would be on the money for a 14.5-14.8 pending traction, would be a good match up for Ash or D4v3 or myself ;) I would expect your ghia to make 150 + easy keeping in mind i have much better gearing when i can actually launch it right.
yeah that's fair enough. i'll give you a shot at the track soon enough - as SOON as i get it tuned up :P Give it a few weeks. good luck with the unichip anyway, you should get a decent improvement.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 01:08 AM   #32
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
Vic street scene ?
Nah, Very Strong Syphilis.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 01:11 AM   #33
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

4-way race, Me, Fantz, Damo and Ash :P
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 01:11 AM   #34
Damo
Banned

ok well i'mm going to get the unichip installed and tuned with the current cam and setup see if I can crack a 14.5 and 150 rwkw, then come stage 3 lol bigger cam head work and retune. Fantz as soon as it is tuned we wil head to heathcote or calder. ;)
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 01:12 AM   #35
EFFalcon
Last warning

i beleive VSS is the vehicle speed sensor
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 01:14 AM   #36
Damo
Banned

it's on like donkey kong dave!
Old 31-10-2006, 01:15 AM   #37
Damo
Banned

nah john it's vic street scene you are wrong!
Old 31-10-2006, 02:21 AM   #38
EDXR6T

I got a 1004 112

And got the same prob as Yagz how much is a Unichip worth.? tunable/non tunable.

Want to now the price dif compared to an ED XR manual ECU (if you can ever find them:P)

cheer's
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 02:32 AM   #39
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDXR6T
I got a 1004 112

And got the same prob as Yagz how much is a Unichip worth.? tunable/non tunable.

Want to now the price dif compared to an ED XR manual ECU (if you can ever find them:P)

cheer's
Is it shitting you as much as it shits me? When you pull up at the lights, or have to stop to give way, the car revs it's tits off.

I'm about ready to put the standard cam back in me thinks. I'm over this bullcrap. I'll try the ED XR ECU and let you know what happens.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 02:53 AM   #40
EDXR6T

Will this get ride of the clutch shutter when ur in a high gear with 1000-1200 Rev's.??

That's what's shitting me:@
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 09:37 AM   #41
rob82

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
I have access to an ED XR6 manual ECU, so i may plug it in and see how it behaves.

So rob82, a chip may help my return to idle problems? Anything else you can suggest I try before i lunge on a chip?

Yes it may help. You could try a little less blade but it will affect how much the the ISC has to do. I would keep reducing the blade until it starts to affect your cold start. Its at this point you can go no further. Mind you it may not be to happy if the ISC has to control 70% of the idle when its hot.

And yes VSS is vehicle speed sensor/signal. Or how about Very SHite Sarcasm!!
rob82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 10:41 AM   #42
Sundeep
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfordspeed
Same thing happened when I raced him, was spinning into second (burnout more like, tyres were stuffed) at about 80 he slowly started pulling away, that was when it was duel fuel though.
I'm pretty sure that I just missed the lights and you got going a split second before I did, but you seriously would've had no chance without the mixer lol. That car was a freak at WOT on petrol. Anything other than WOT and it was a slug.

Get it tuned ASAP Chris.

BTW this thread is Damo's... so back on topic!

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #43
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

When I was talking to the guys at G&D about whether to go the Cappa edit or unichip they told me the unichip is more suited to stock cars (exhaust & intake setups) but is not very suitable with cam changes as the tunability to get the most out if it isnt there, thats why they recommended the cappa edit as it will be far more effective with cam changes/headwork etc. as a cam will be the next thing on the list thats the route im going. I know u already have the unichip so u pretty much gonna use it but for other people looking for a chip the cappa edit looks like the way to go, also cheaper at $1300 installed and tuned.
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 04:38 PM   #44
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
I'm pretty sure that I just missed the lights and you got going a split second before I did, but you seriously would've had no chance without the mixer lol. That car was a freak at WOT on petrol. Anything other than WOT and it was a slug.

Get it tuned ASAP Chris.

BTW this thread is Damo's... so back on topic!

Sundeep
Nah, you took off before I did because I stayed there wheel spinning. But yeah, I would have gotten cained without the mixer.

Race me in a month ing_sm (it'll probably still be sitting in the garage)

But yeah, back to you Damo, sorry :P
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #45
Sweet_EL_

Sorry for posting this in your thread, but i've got a unichip sitting in the shed. PM if with a offer if anyone wants it... Was going to use it but changed my mind...
Sweet_EL_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 10:28 PM   #46
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
4-way race, Me, Fantz, Damo and Ash :P
teh 45Hz0r FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 10:33 PM   #47
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
teh 45Hz0r FTW!
you'll need to pedal hard! :P
Old 31-10-2006, 10:35 PM   #48
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

lol! No wizzle, ghizzle5L is 0.03 secs ahead stizzle

(for now)

your mph has me concerned but!
Old 31-10-2006, 10:37 PM   #49
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I have more experince at the track than the rest of you guys combined :P

It's not what you've got, but how you use it... and I use it well ;)

Quote:
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Old 31-10-2006, 10:37 PM   #50
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Mine's black :P
Old 31-10-2006, 10:39 PM   #51
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
I have more experince at the track than the rest of you guys combined :P

It's not what you've got, but how you use it... and I use it well ;)
hey i've pulled plenty of runs mate (down to the shops) and there's no one more experienced than me (at beating lada's) so if you want to talk the talk, you better walk the walk (to the servo to get me some coolant, mine's leaking)
Old 26-03-2007, 12:54 AM   #52
alesia
Banned

you're both ****. Damos car is red and he sold the unichip to Josh [efgiar], dissapointing ? maybe ? sold ? maybe?
alesia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2007, 09:56 AM   #53
Sundeep
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfordspeed
Race me in a month (it'll probably still be sitting in the garage)
Hahahaha we both don't even own the cars anymore! How funny's that

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2007, 04:58 PM   #54
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dose
Hahahaha we both don't even own the cars anymore! How funny's that

Sundeep
lol, I was thinking the same thing when I read that part!
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2007, 06:07 PM   #55
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Well at least you two found it funny :P

Quote: