Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 26-02-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
bman

Default Fiesta Products / Modifications Help

Hey folks, I have a new Fiesta Zetec WQ

Its a personnel leased company car but I want to modify a few things for that personnel touch, nothing over the top but just enough to make it classy.

I have already put 17" Advanti Vapour rims on (which already do enough to make the car look super mean), plus i have had the windows tinted dark as legal. Everything else is stock.

Here is what i have planned so far:

Lowering 30mm
Exhaust Capback
Sound System

Does anybody here have any info on mod parts and where i can go to source? I live in Sydney.

Does anybody here have experience lowering the fiesta's? What does 30mm look like? Cost?

Does anybody here have any info on additional mods i might be able to do and how to do them?

Also Does anybody know the dimensions of the factory fitted speakers both front and rear? I am pretty happy with head deak, just looking for new speakers and amp.

I will post some pics soon!!

bman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2007, 01:24 PM   #2
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Wow new Sydney Fez owners are popping up everywhere. Welcome to the the Fez Forums.

Lowering 30mm - King Springs (you can order them from anywhere) or Pedders Sports Ryder would be the way to go. Usually about 400 - 500 including install.
30mm on 17s look awesome. Post a piccie up and I can photochop it for u.

Exhaust Capback - Would recommend 2inch catback. Redback mufflers are pretty good. I would recommend Castle Hill Exhaust. Cost me 240 including tips.

Sound System - Front and rear are 5x7. Would recommend 6inch compnents for the front and 6x9s in the rear quarters.

Other mods - Clear side indicators $13 bucks off ebay, or go find a Vw Golf or Focus as they are the same. You could import things like smoked or clear rear tail lights, pedals, gear knob, gaiter etc from the Uk. There is sticky in the forums for links to aftermarket stuff. Or just ask PHOTN he has everything pretty much.

You can get urself a BMC or K&N panel Filter to get some good airflow and improve performance. or a BMC CDA/ K&N APollo CAI for the best induction available.

You could also get some nice Stripes either side or over bonnet.

Anyways hope that give you some ideas.

Cheers

Damo.
Old 26-02-2007, 02:11 PM   #3
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Wow new Sydney Fez owners are popping up everywhere. Welcome to the the Fez Forums.

Lowering 30mm - King Springs (you can order them from anywhere) or Pedders Sports Ryder would be the way to go. Usually about 400 - 500 including install.
30mm on 17s look awesome. Post a piccie up and I can photochop it for u.
Good to have new members joining lately. bman, you should also check out www.eurofordclub.com/forum

We occassionally have cruises and you should come along if you can! It's great fun.

Regarding lowering springs, Damo, there's a set of Eibach springs (~35mm) we can buy from www.european-parts.net. Should cost around the same with those King Springs and Pedders Sports Ryder springs you mention. Apparently Eibach is really really good, if not better compared to King and Pedders.

There are also polybushes you can get to reduce body-roll (hence improving handling even more). But I dunno how much improvement those bushes make... WQ Zetec's handling is already great as it is.

EDIT:- What colour is the WQ Zetec btw?
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2007, 03:58 PM   #4
bman

Sweet, i have some research to do! and products to buy!!

Mine is a Tonic Zetec
Old 26-02-2007, 07:47 PM   #5
fordfalcon63
Starter Motor

Hi guys,

I live in Sydney and I'm fairly new to this forum but I though it would be a good option to get a second opinion on the modifications I wanna do to my Fiesta. It's a 2006 WQ LX 5 Door Manual with just over 1000kms.

I'm looking to put an exhaust on it (wheels are just not an option for me at the moment still being at school) and have got some whacky quotes and wanted to know where I stand or what would be best suited for the car.

I don't want it to be excessively loud as I am a P Plater and being hassled by cops is renouned for P Platers, yet I still want a smooth sound that I can actually hear.

Does anyone know any good places around the south-western suburbs or nearby that do good exhaust jobs, and aren't too pricey?

I'll get some pics up as soon as I can..
fordfalcon63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #6
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hey fordfalcon63, Welcome to the fez forums.

I cannot reccomend more highly than Castle Hill Exhaust. $260 - $300 will get you a decent catback 2inch exhaust with tips. The sound will depend on the muffler used. But stay away from cannons..
Old 26-02-2007, 08:20 PM   #7
fordfalcon63
Starter Motor

Hey mate thanx 4 the advice, do u kno any places around my area? Like bankstown... is this quote mild steel or stainless steel?
I really appreciate you reccomending me Castle Hill exhaust its just a bit of a hike for me to get out there.
Will stainless or mild steel really make a difference to it.. Like i've been told to stay away from mild, what's your view on this?

Cheers mate..
fordfalcon63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2007, 08:44 PM   #8
photn
AFF Post NAZI

howdy peeps. ya need anyinfo just gimmie a PM. if you want to know something, and are not sure. chances are ive either looked into it lol. or got it.. hehehehe

the difference between mild steel and stainless is that stainless will last longer.. mild does the same job. mild lasts about 7-10 years and stainless is 10-12 years.

as i said. if you have a question ask away lol...

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2007, 11:18 PM   #9
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Stainless will last the life of the car. Mild will eventually expire.

Unless you wanna pay a premium Mild steel is enough for most people unless you plan on keeping the car a long time.

There are plenty of parts for the car you just need to get them imported thats all.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2007, 11:29 PM   #10
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfalcon63
Hey mate thanx 4 the advice, do u kno any places around my area? Like bankstown... is this quote mild steel or stainless steel?
I really appreciate you reccomending me Castle Hill exhaust its just a bit of a hike for me to get out there.
Will stainless or mild steel really make a difference to it.. Like i've been told to stay away from mild, what's your view on this?

Cheers mate..
Liverpool exhaust?
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2007, 10:37 AM   #11
bman

hey folks anybody had any experience ordering parts from www.european-parts.net

I just contacted Eibach for a set of springs and they want $530 and thats not including postage and i still need to get them fitted?!

If i buy them from www.european-parts.net they come in at $283 shipped plus a little extra 'if' i get nabed at customs.
Old 27-02-2007, 10:46 AM   #12
photn
AFF Post NAZI

lol. you wont get nabbed at custom lol.. many people have bought from European-parts.net and they are an awesum place to buy from. i myslelf have stuff on order that should be arriving soon.

they are the Best for Quality parts. your other option for springs is King springs.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2007, 10:49 AM   #13
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman
If i buy them from www.european-parts.net they come in at $283 shipped plus a little extra 'if' i get nabed at customs.
Australia Customs starts to rape you when u ship stuff that cost AU$1000 or more. Eibach springs from european-parts.net are the way to go... much cheaper than bought from Australia.
Old 27-02-2007, 10:52 AM   #14
bman

yeah i am a cyclist and bring large quantities of bike equipment in from UK, so i doubt if they will look at the springs.
Old 27-02-2007, 10:58 AM   #15
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh I know a guy that was trying to bring his guitar to Australia.... not a nice scenario.