Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 09-04-2005, 12:58 AM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Work Horse Runs 12.1

Any one who doesn’t know Work Horse (Stuart) he is a real trier does the drag racing scene in his work van complete with ball bar on the front...
Stuart is a real budget racer and after around 6 months off the scene.
Tonight for his 1st night out, he went 12.2 then 12.1 on 14 inch street tyres that looked like cheese cutters...
Congratulations Stuart looks like your rebuild and tuning was come up a treat, we will see you at Heathcote Saturday night flying the flag AFF, you will surprise those LS1'S...

12.2 backed up with 12.1 we were amazed and very happy for you.
Budget Racing and OFR we own the track...lol...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW

Last edited by SpoolMan; 10-04-2005 at 04:35 PM.
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 02:18 AM   #2
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Any one who doesn’t know Work Horse (Stuart) he is a real trier does the drag racing scene in his work van complete with ball bar on the front...
Stuart is a real budget racer and after around 6 months of the scene tonight for his 1st night out, he went 12.2 then 12.1 on 14 inch street tyres that looked like cheese cutters...
Congratulations Stuart looks like your rebuild and tuning was come up a treat, we will see you at Heathcote Saturday night flying the flag AFF, you will surprise those LS1'S...

CLASSIC
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 08:29 AM   #3
rodderz

Well done Stuey!

Your pano has to be the biggest sleeper going round...and on 14's???

Have you had the beast on a dyno to see what figure it pulls?
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 09:35 AM   #4
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up

Quote:
Stuart is a real budget racer and after around 6 months of the scene tonight for his 1st night out, he went 12.2 then 12.1 on 14 inch street tyres that looked like cheese cutters...

Excellent work!
Old 09-04-2005, 10:11 AM   #5
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:

Thanks Mark
And thanks for the congratulations guys.
I have to come clean Mark, I just have not had time to finish my new motor. I'm still running the old setup. I took it to Calder last night to see if it would hold together. I am over the moon with the times. All hail the Cleveland V8
Old 09-04-2005, 10:16 AM   #6
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse
Thanks Mark
And thanks for the congratulations guys.
I have to come clean Mark, I just have not had time to finish my new motor. I'm still running the old setup. I took it to Calder last night to see if it would hold together. I am over the moon with the times. All hail the Cleveland V8
The best part of it smok'N' that VL station wagon with the carb out of the bonnet priceless Well Done
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 09-04-2005, 11:01 AM   #7
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hahah love it, whats the car and the engine?

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 11:24 AM   #8
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done Workhorse !!! The guy in the VL is probably in therapy after last night
Simon, it's a XD panel van complete with a big bull bar. Engine is a 351 cleveland.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 01:48 PM   #9
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks mate, SOunds like the ambulance might have had a busy night with some heart aches :P

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 03:29 PM   #10
XRQTOR
Banned

This pano isn't green by any chance.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2005, 04:38 PM   #11
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz

Have you had the beast on a dyno to see what figure it pulls?
He can now, Work Horse won the OFR judges award and the prize supplied by G&D Performance was some dyno runs a free oil and filter change..
Old 10-04-2005, 04:44 PM   #12
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
This pano isn't green by any chance.
nope, its white

well done stuart, always love seeing the pano hit the track!
Old 10-04-2005, 05:11 PM   #13
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
He can now, Work Horse won the OFR judges award and the prize supplied by G&D Performance was some dyno runs a free oil and filter change..
Hi Mark,
I just hope there DYNO can hack the grunt :evil_laug
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 10-04-2005, 05:16 PM   #14
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Hi Mark,
I just hope there DYNO can hack the grunt :evil_laug
it will love the sweet sound of the Clevo...Just keep Stuart away from the bottle.. :baby bott
Old 10-04-2005, 05:25 PM   #15
SpoolMan

For those that haven’t seen the work van here are 2 pics. i think the bull bar may need a polish.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 10-04-2005 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:20 PM   #16
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
For those that haven’t seen the work van here is a pic. i think the bull bar may need a polish.
Thx Pearly, for the pic.

That thing runs a 12.1, that is a classic (sleeper) lol.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 04:08 AM   #17
Walkinshaw
Two > One

This was absolutly fantastic at Heathcote. Was sitting in the water as it tore off. Got to love that hit and the rather intresting tail slide that it provokes. Throttle in a Bottle at its best.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 11:38 PM   #18
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
This was absolutly fantastic at Heathcote. Was sitting in the water as it tore off. Got to love that hit and the rather intresting tail slide that it provokes. Throttle in a Bottle at its best.
You had a good view of the sideways, watchout here comes the wall action then Walkinshaw!
There is a lesson there for everyone, "Always take a change of underwear when dragracing!" :
Old 11-04-2005, 11:54 PM   #19
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

I was near the fence in the staging area, I also got a good view of the van getting way out of shape, you did well to hang onto it Stuart. Anyone catch it on video?
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 12:38 AM   #20
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
I was near the fence in the staging area, I also got a good view of the van getting way out of shape, you did well to hang onto it Stuart. Anyone catch it on video?
Thanks John but if I was any sort of driver I would have got back into it as soon as I got it straight. Instead I lost the race, crawled back, parked in the pits and went and had a nice cup of tea to calm my nerves :
Old 13-04-2005, 08:54 PM   #21
rodderz

Quote:
Thanks John but if I was any sort of driver I would have got back into it as soon as I got it straight. Instead I lost the race, crawled back, parked in the pits and went and had a nice cup of tea to calm my nerves :
haha.... classic stuey!

Reminds me of angus young from AC/DC, after a show he relaxes not with a bottle of scotch but a cup of black tea and a biscuit...lol
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 09:26 PM   #22
Rod

greetings Stuart
well done with the van, i must say i was very close to the sideways action & it was well sideways, you may need to work on that trigger action set-up you have so you can keep both hands on the steering wheel

well done mate
regards
rod
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 11:45 PM   #23
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Quote:
All hail the Cleveland V8
True mate. Well done, and good to catch up at Heathcote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post