Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-04-2005, 12:44 PM   #9
UTE69Z
Mick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
I agree that it's wrong and illegal drags have been going on there for years. And I won't try to defend it.

What I do think sucks is the fact they have been trying to block a drag strip somewhere in Newcastle where people can legally drag for ages. I am not saying it would stop this sort of thing happening altogether, but at least it would give people who want to do the right thing somewhere to go, instead of just forcing them to go find somewhere the cops hopefully won't be.

Again, I don't street race and don't approve of it, but I think it sucks the way the government and minority lobbying groups are doing everything they can to stop anything motorsport in Newcastle.

Tim

The government does not stand to make as much money if they build and open a place for everyone to do it legally...

Each vehicle they impound earns them (including impound fees, fines, towing fees ) $1800 - $2000+...

now just on that night they make around $15000...
and what did they make on that night a couple of years ago when they impounded around 40 vehicles????

tell me know are they gonna make the same amount of money if they go and build a complex where people can do this legally???

thay would have to charge around $40 - $50 entry to the place and there is no-way some of the people that go to kooragang are going to fork out that much money each week.

I DO NOT street race and dont condone it but i know people that do and know for a fact they are going to keep doing it.. All i can say that all of the people that do race are idiots.

I have been to Kooragang island twice on a friday or saturday night, the first time i went there i was parked under the bridge behind the unmarked cop car(commodore wagon) I was surprised at how STUPID the idiots are that do race, this car is a brand new commodore wagon sitting about 50 metres from where they start thier races, with two UNIFORMED police officers sitting in it with the windows down(so obviously police car) and all of these dickheads are still racing!!!

Sorry if i ranted on a bit there but I just think street racers are F@#%WITS.
UTE69Z is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post